One more strong day

So I have learned in here not to focus on tomorrow, plan for tomorrow, but focus on today. Today has been another strong day. I went to a meeting. I went on a jog. I found a dietitian that specializes on alcohol recovery. I found a substance abuse counselor. I have been doing a lot of reading and listening to podcasts. I have been trying to praise my husband and speak his love language and invest in that relationship. Every chance I get I am trying to do something.

In the past there have been some days where I have struggled so much I didn’t know if I could get through the day and I was completely lost. If you are having a crappy day just know they will not all be crappy. There will be some better days. I am listening to a podcast soberful where this week they talked about what to expect the first two weeks of stopping alcohol. And what to expect when you try to stop again end again and again. I like how they compared it to breaking your leg. You might have to go to the hospital, you will be down and out for weeks and months, you will have to relearn how to use your body and take care of your body, but eventually with enough work and if you stay committed and strong it will all get better.

Look I am only in another try again week. But today is a good day. Good luck guys. I believe in all of you. You are not alone. Hang in there.

Hey look we all have to start from scratch… again

8 Likes

This is awesome! You had a massively strong day!!! Keep on keeping on.

2 Likes

I love recovery podcast I listen to them everyday sometimes all day if I can! There very helpful. Congratulations on your 5 days it does get easier, and like you said if your having a crappy day just remember the next day will probably be better!

2 Likes