One of these days is not like the others

I have been on these boards before. This morning feels different. After a horrible night of drinking last night, I woke up extremely disappointed in myself and just so incredibly sick of feeling like this. Then, for the first time, I genuinely realized this is a problem and I cannot control alcohol, no matter what BS I’ve been feeding myself. I realized that I need help and support to do this and that it will be uncomfortable and that’s okay because it’s supposed to be. I joined the SMART recovery boards too and am thinking about going to a meeting. I also set up an appointment with an addiction counselor.

So, here it goes…

13 Likes

I’m glad that you have admitted that you have a problem, that’s a huge step, and then to follow it up with getting help is fantastic. Going to meetings and counselling is definitely the best thing to do it makes you more likely to follow the path to sobriety. I can’t wait to hear more about your progress

2 Likes

@RedDragon. @Sunvsmoon
Yes, you’re in the right place.

1 Like

It also took me a long time to finally be done - and to realize that I could not quit without help. This forum and working my program have been amazing supports.

It sounds like you have a solid plan going forward; keep checking in and letting us know how you are doing.:hugs:

1 Like