One tuff choice

So as most of you know, skating is my life! Last night as I was at the doctor’s getting my shoulder put back in socket, I realized my body can’t handle it no more (my mom and dad agree) my 30 years, 1 month, 10 day skating career is over (I got my first skateboard on my 6th birthday) so as I send letter to my sponsor, and take the trucks off my board to screw it on my wall for the last time. I’m truly saddened but need to be smarter about my choices. My skating life has ended, I am going to take up golfing, or fishing. I think that’s what people my age do

5 Likes

That is a bummer, but look on the bright side; new hobbies are exciting😀

1 Like

Wish you well i to was a sportsman signed for a soccer club way back now got a bad knee injury had to work my way down the leagues till i couldnt play anymore thats about when i was 34 but i found other sports to get into im 65 now still work with my sons in our landscaping business still go to the gym easy work outs go hill walking with my wife keeping fit i belive prolongs life and keeps ones mind active only soccer i play now is on PS4 LOL

2 Likes

Nothing will probably feel the same a skateboarding for you, so sorry to hear that. Good for you for listening to your body, but that’s still crushing. Are you near the ocean? Do you surf or kiteboard or anything? Maybe bmx? I dunno, trying to think of other similar things that are lower impact (and not golf or bowling, haha… No offense bowlers). Mastering something new that your body can handle may be an awesome project. Let skateboarding have that golden place in your heart, and mourn it proper, but find something cool that can give you some excitement and fill some of the voids skating left behind.

It’s hard dude, bc skating is so accessible. Give your body a chance to heal a while and maybe you can do it recreationally later on, not pro maybe but enough to feel connected to it. And you’re not old, you’ve just made good use out of your body and that’s awesome. I am of the family of thought that you should die empty, with every last drop of what you’ve got in you wrung out, physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually. Sounds like you’re on the right track, in my opinion.

Btw, golf is actually pretty cool, I know a few ppl that have gotten stellar with a ton of practice and good coaching. It’d be worth trying, I’m sure. And if you like fishing, right on.

Damn Rex, that sucks big time. Ive been getting rusty lately aswel, but not to the point of having to call it quits all together. Can’t you just skate some mellow tranny?

I really felt sad when I read this cuz I know skating means so much to you. However, I do believe it’s important to take care of your body, and I think that you’re definitely working on that. Can’t say I see you as a golfer,but you’re a hillbilly full of surprises,so if anyone can make it work and look cool, it’ll be you lol :wink: and I was tryna do the math…is Sept 1st your bday?
It’s almost been a month now. How’s your shoulder and have you tried anything new yet?

How’s it goin with you Rex? Haven’t seen ya for a bit

2 Likes

very close my birthdai is August 27. i have been bumming around, super busy at work. i go to physcial therapy twice a week. how have you been?

1 Like

yo mann im still doing good just really busy. hows the wife and the soon to be baby?

1 Like

Aww close enough indeed,no wonder we get along so well lol. How’s PT going for ya? Being so busy I guess you haven’t gotten a new hobby yet huh? Me? Basically trying to get back to some sort of new normalcy post hurricane Maria. Like everything else, it’s a process. Each day with God is a blessing… As hard as it may be.

And @Gabe.G a baby is coming?!?!?! Excited dance

1 Like

Great to hear you’re doing good bro. The baby is doing great! We are doing that 4D ultrasound first week of December to find out the sex. Pretty cool! My wife is just peachy. She’s cranky and tired and and irritable and all that good stuff. She’s also beautiful and amazing and still Hot as fuck pregnant!! I’m stoked man. Thanks for askin

PS… And she’s still on pelvic rest. Noooooooooo!!!

1 Like

Yes there is a baby on da way!! We tried and succeeded in getting a bun in the oven. It’s pretty amazing!!!

2 Likes

I’m so glad!!! Don’t ask me why I just envisioned an apple pie bun lol. Maybe I need something sweet; I just ate lunch smh. Congrats! :smile:

1 Like

Congrats on the baby V. Pelvic rest sucks thank God for alternatives. My wife was even more beautiful during her pregnancies as well. Best of luck. Hi Rex glad you’re doing well and in better health.