One week so proud

I looked at my posts this past week and I am damn proud . I set out to change my relationship with alcohol and Im finally doing it . It feels great . I never want to go back . I drank to get drunk . What a waste of time . I am treating myself to a nail day tomorrow with the money ive saved from boozing every damn day . :raised_hands: I plan on keeping this going . If i have a cocktail out and find myself over indulging like i usually do then I will know I cant have a social drinking life. Ill cross that bridge when i get to it but today im sober almost 8 days and it feels really fucking good . I did this for my babies . All three 2 here with me and one looking over her brothers from above. Im no where near rehabilitate i know that . But today feels good so im sharing so i can remember how i felt happy .

11 Likes

Well done!!! Be proud of yourself and remember the feeling and gratitude. If you feel this good after a week keep it up for 1 more, then a month etc. Youโ€™ll feel fantastic. When the urge comes, and it will, donโ€™t forget how good you felt about yourself writing this post and that taking a drink will never result in you feeling better. Good job.

1 Like

So happy for your journey K!!! Way to get on an new healthy lifestyle :muscle: Keep showing up for yourself - grateful for you being here with us :pray: :muscle:

Great job. Getting through that first week is an excellent accomplishment.