One week sober and feel dreadful!

One week sober, and I feel absolutely dreadful, I feel like I have flu or at least a very bad cold buts it’s mostly aches , headache, tiredness, sweating and then cold , also upset tummy, has anyone else been like this ? It’s a year since I was last on here and the drinking got so out of control, so I stopped, because I just couldn’t take the misery anymore :worried:

16 Likes

Glad to have you back :smiling_face: Everyone reacts differently during withdrawal. By a week I was feeling pretty good. Sounds like you might actually be sick. There’s always something going around nowadays. I definitely had more sicknesses than usual for a while after I quit. Our immune systems need to get back up to speed. Just focus on rest and hydration for now. I bet this still feels better than the misery of a hangover :+1: Take care :heart:

7 Likes

Welcome back! If you can push through this discomfort now you may never need to detox like this again.
My first month was tough physically with headaches and all the aches. You body is adjusting to its new normal.
It took me a good three months before I felt like myself again. Keep pushing through. You know what waits for you back there in the drinking life. Sobriety can be uncomfortable but it is cool.

4 Likes

@Mandymostly that sounds rough. As @Just_Laura mentioned, lots of rest and hydration may help. What other support do you have in place? This time around, what you’re going through will hopefully be your last experience of it. Keep focused on never feeling this way again, as well as your reasons for sobriety. I have a feeling you will crush it. You’ve got this!

5 Likes

I can and I’m positive most others can relate! I felt like death for a few weeks. Stay hydrated and get as much rest as you need as previously mentioned. Hoping you feel better soon.

8 Likes

Plenty of water ,Vitamins B6 and A and C and Magnesium for cramps try omega 3, plenty of fresh air long walks , hot herbal tea hot baths , and maybe a meeting chucked in for good luck wish you well

2 Likes

Glad youre back! Something that helped me with the withdrawals was NAC- N Actyle. Its a vitamin. Technically its a meal supplement but is really commonly used to assist with cravings. Its helped me a lot. I just order it off amazon

1 Like

Nine days ! I can’t believe I’m here, nine days ago I was begging God to just give me one day, because I couldn’t stand it anymore, and ridiculously i end up with a very bad cold! So I don’t actually know what my symptoms are boiling down too? But at least I’m not drunk or hungover, thank you for your messages , no one knows what I’m going through so the only place I can share at the moment is here, but I’m not struggling to not drink at the moment, and everyday sober is nearer to the person I want to be, so just getting through this cold and then concentrating on getting away from drunk/ hungover me :smiling_face::wilted_flower:

3 Likes