One word on how you feel today #2 (Part 2)

Glad you’re here with us. Take a break if you can

3 Likes

Excited!!!

5 Likes

I feel alone today

5 Likes

Sending you hugs friend :people_hugging:

2 Likes

Thanks I appreciate it. I found a na meeting on zoom to help feel better

4 Likes

Oh i love this! Glad that you were able to find some helpful connection :hugs:

3 Likes

I am here with you. Good to share your emotions here. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Relaxed……:blush:

5 Likes

I feel very blessed.

8 Likes

Welcome to the community :hugs:

1 Like

Exhausted and worthless

3 Likes

Sorry you feel that way. Not worthless! I follow you here as we are close in days sober. 86 for me today. Exhaustion seems to be common here. You are not alone.

3 Likes

Big :hugs: Marie … I’m sorry you are feeling this way…lack of sleep can really fuck up the brain and leave room for negative depressive thoughts. You are amazing and strong… sending love and support and positivity your way :pray:t4::heart:

2 Likes

Thank you @tailee17 and @JazzyS :heart: you’re saving me right now.

This has been hard for a while and I feel like I’m at my wit’s end. Torture. I have to abandon any plans for today, again. Just trying to get through the day without judging myself for doing nothing. Somehow. Maybe if I remember I’ve had some good days where I went out and got things accomplished, got things done here as well and researched new job opportunities. I so want to move on from sickness and work again. Make progress, thrive. So this hurts. It’s demoralizing. This isn’t me at all. Need to be hopeful somehow. Feels so impossible when you’re in the middle of it. But I need to try.

4 Likes

I can totally relate to what you are saying. I try to meditate, listen to comics and watch comedy shows to induce laughter to get out of this negative mindset. It is ok to do “nothing”… Remember you aren’t doing nothing…you are resting and healing and that takes a lot of energy and effort. Be kind to yourself…here if you need to chat :hugs::heart:

2 Likes

I just came here to write something similar.
Wanting to finish some projects and tasks but just don’t know how to begin. So decided if I don’t have the oomph and spring in my step to begin them today why am I mentally torturing myself for not being able to do something my mind wants to.

I have to go back to me earlier recovery days over 2 years ago and remind myself in the early days I have to be kind to myself. Look at what I have done and see the goodness in that. In those days my only task was to get out of bed things were that bad.
Trying to enjoy the day when your mind is racing of what you want/and feel like you should be doing is hard. When you feel nothing has been done.
It’s okay to have these days, it’s all part of healing - ( also can be depression - for me it’s a bit of that and other stuff)

It’s ok to give your self a break :people_hugging: and not feel bad about it.
It’s not easy but try to relax and enjoy the moment in the here and now and not worry about anything - that’s what I’m trying to do.
:people_hugging::sparkles:
:sunflower:

4 Likes

Thank you Bill, I love it.

2 Likes

Thank you.

I’ll let go of the need to be someone else. My health is bad so I won’t look at how productive and fit others seem to be. We just have a narcissistic culture. I’ll find the beauty in the day.

Thank you for understanding :heart: have a great day Twiz

2 Likes

Have you had something to eat ?

I have to remind myself of H.A.L.T daily.
I don’t eat as often as I should, can go all day until dinner time with nothing. I have started to make sure I eat breakfast and it does help. :people_hugging:
:sunflower:

2 Likes

Yes, I had a bit of lunch just now and it’s calming my nerves. :white_check_mark:. Am isolated too so the chat is great. Maybe this would all go better without all the unreachable goals. :wink:. Maybe one load of laundry and run the robot vacuum so I hear cleaning sounds…haha

Thank you my friend. Next I’m going to soak. Just quit fighting. A movie. A book. I hope you are doing ok today.

:people_hugging:

3 Likes