One year and continuing

After just reaching the one year mark and now a few days ahead into the start of my second year, I have figured out that it just gets easier witheach passing day. As long as you give yourself a goal to work towards. Allow yourself a positive mindset and outlook. And, most of all, God in your life, there is nothing you cannot achieve inthis world. Sure, it is harder to do for some. But, if you work at it and use those mentioned above, there is nothing that we as addicts and alcoholics cannot topple in this world! I am personally looking forward to attempting to be more active on here. And maybe inthe long run, helpful to somebody out there struggling. Just the support i have already recieved on here personally, I hope i get the chance too! Until then, keep fighting the good fight!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for giving out words of encouragement. I am only 2 days in, and I have gone on no drinking kicks before. This feels different this time though. I’ve never downloaded sobriety apps, but I am that determined this time to make it and start being the mom I want to be for my kids again. I have gotten better over time with not drinking every night, but my problem recently has been more of the fact that when I do drink, I end up drinking too much and go on these short binges for several days of drinking too much. I’m just tired of feeling sick and unhealthy and not being as productive as I want to be. And I want my kids to have the best memories of me to hold onto again. Just the past two nights, my mindset has changed with wanting to do it right this time and I ended up singing my kids to sleep which I haven’t done in years. It’s been a struggle though because I used wine to help calm my anxiety to fall asleep at night… so that is just a hurdle I’ve got to jump. I think I finally fell asleep at 11, but I woke back up at 3. It’s encouraging to hear somebody stick through it for an entire year. Gives me hope that I’ll get there once and for all.

1 Like

I am glad that I seem to of been of some help to somebody. Honestly, I read your post shortly after writing this and teared up as i read onward. Afraid of tearing up more so, I have been away almost two days.(I apologize) But, in all honesty, one of the quotes i heard endlessly while i was in rehab that I know without a doubt is truth, “If you truely want it, you will get it!” I had tried numerou times to become sober over the years. Thing is, I never truely wanted it! Now, that i have my life back after what time i have got sober, I am glad that i finally took the step and wanted my life back. It is not easy by any means. But, with the struggling comes the results in the end. And i can vouche, it is well worth it!

1 Like

Thanks Steven. You’re an inspiration.

1 Like

You are making me blush. Lol