One year of sobriety. MY LIFE IS CHANGED

I’ve finally found my sober twin! Congratulations to you also!

1 Like

Thank you. 67 days is a big accomplishment. You’re over 1/4th of the way there! This is about the time that you will start to the light, things will really start to change as long as you keep pushing through. Every day you have the opportunity to choose to see the light and choose positivity or to fall to the negativity. Speaking from experience, it wont always be easy, but it is so worth it, so rewarding. Best of luck to you! You got this!

1 Like

Outstanding!

I remember following your journey early on.
Fantastic to see such success and happiness.
CONGRATULATIONS

unnamed

2 Likes

You have so much to look forward to. At day 18, you’re still in the rough cycle and your body is still evening out. Sometimes it is going to seem impossible, but if you push through it, you can build the life you want and be the person you want to be.

You’ve already realized all that we take for granted when under the control of our addiction. Keep focusing on that and actively try to truly appreciate the beautiful things in life. It does help with the recovery process. Remembering the shows, concerts, sporting events & so on… remembering your days out with friends & actually truly enjoying the time you spend living your life really helps. Keep pushing through and you can accomplish what may seem impossible now!

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to write this out. Just like I’ve heard my “drunk story” in AA, now I’m hearing my “sobriety story” through others experience! It’s so exciting for me! Congratulations and keep it up!

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you!

I’m glad my sobriety story spoke to you.
One thing to always remember is that as long as you continue to change, you are not defined by your drunk story. And the further you push towards your sobriety story, the further you get from your drunk story. I still have thoughts that creep into my mind, memories of the person that I was when drinking and drugging. And I still hate that person… but I am not her anymore. And it’s okay to move on from the person you were to become the person you want to be. Some things I did were terrible and I was not a good human and multiple points… but I have changed. And I dont let those thoughts bring me back to a negative place. I remember who I am now and my constant journey to become and do better and to add value into the world. That’s who I am now, that’s my sobriety story, and that’s who I identify as now. I no longer identify with the drunken version of me, she is gone. Dont ever let that drunken version of you shake your confidence in the true version of you along this journey of sobriety.

4 Likes

Oh my goodness! I remember some of your first posts…and what a joy it is to read this story of a year of a better life. You have worked so hard, and you gave every reason to feel proud. Congratulations on reaching a year, on your marriage, and on the happiness and clarity you have found!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing all of this!! So beautifully written. images.jpeg Your story gives hope and healing to so many people. It is a great reminder for me to keep going!!:revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Thank YOU for the words of encouragement. It’s greatly appreciated. Actually, I kind of needed it right now. So thanks. I’m just praying on my 60th birthday in a few days I don’t have to reset my ticker. I want this sobriety to be my bday gift. Nothing else matters next week.

You also have a great life to look forward to. My son is in your shoes. Dual diagnosis. Addiction and bipolar. He’s six and a half years clean now. I actually lost count. He finished school. Got his masters degree in psychology. Did his intern hours as a therapist and now waiting to take his test to start practicing. Got married as well. The 2 of you can be my inspiration. God bless you and keep up the great work. You deserve a great life.
:pray: :heart:

1 Like

:grin: Sobriety Twins. That’s pretty cool :+1:t5: Keep up the great work!

1 Like

You too bud!

First off, happy early birthday! My advice going into your birthday is to go in with confidence that you will not have to reset your ticker after. Mindset is a HUGE part of the battle. You truly have to believe that you are stronger than your addiction and you can control it. You have to take the control away from the addiction. If you believe the addiction is stronger than you & give it that power and control you will be more vulnerable to relapse. Go in with confidence & crush it!
Also, if possible plan accordingly. If you’re planning on celebrating with friends and it’s not already planned to where you cant switch it, try to plan it for a celebration that is alcohol free. Try to keep yourself away from triggering situations until you can be confident enough in your sobriety that it wont be tempting/triggering.

Congrats! Your will and determination is what brought you to this point. Continue working on yourself… It’s a lifelong process!!!
Take care!
:blush:

1 Like

Congrats that is very awesome

1 Like

@psequinn
How did I miss this?
Congratulations on 1 year sober!!! :tada: :confetti_ball: :balloon: :sparkles: :sparkler: :firecracker:

I remember seeing your before and after pictures and you getting a new job. All during your road to recovery. So happy for you on your recent marriage and the personal peace you’ve found.
Wonderful achievement!! Take care of yourself and do not be a stranger!!

1 Like

Thank you! It’s truly been a great journey to get where I am. And by great, I sure as heck do not mean easy, but that’s what makes it so great and enjoyable now. The sense of accomplishment is unreal & such a strong motivator to keep making progress for the better!

Congrats :tada: :confetti_ball: on your 1 year of sobriety. What a beautiful share, it’s stories like yours that motivate and inspire me to a what lies ahead in this journey.
All the best, blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thank you! I’m glad I could bring a little positivity to help you keep pushing! All the best to you on your journey!

Im happy for for you have a year clean keep going your doing so good im at 198 days and still going if need anyone to talk to im here.

3 Likes