One year sober BENEFITS

Benefits of sobriety from alcohol and cocaine.

HEALTHIER I lost 70 pounds last year in my first 6 months of sobriety. I did alot of walking on the golf course, ate like less than 2000 calories a day, Intermittent fasting. I was losing 3 to 4 pounds a week a few times. I believe my biggest factor that played a key role in weight loss was the shedding of all the garbage I had built up in me. Letting go and forgiving myself for all my wrongs. I still got work to do but I believe I will not give up on trying to work on bettering myself everyday. I’m able to maintain my weight as long as I’m eating healthy 80 percent of time. Before I gave up drinking I was probably on a verge of heart attack as I know I had high blood pressure problems. I had constant headaches. Pretty sure I cured myself without prescriptions.

MEDITATION played a key role in awareness on how I feel and awakening the spirit inside me. My head feels clearer. I feel I’m in the on right path in life.

FITNESS I try to do one or two things a day in the fitness area when im not at work. Gym being shut down alot I have been getting into yoga which includes mobility strength, meditation, and flexibility. :grinning:

GRATITUDE. I try to think of 3 things a day which I’m grateful for. Journal it. Write it down in your phone. Speak it.

READING. LEARNING. The more I read the more knowledge I learn on what kind of person I want to become. Learning where I stand and how to improve.

FOCUS on goals have become stronger. I have strengthened discipline with my goals. Self discipline is the best form of self love.

FINANCIAL STABILITY. Debt is clearing up quick! Credit is going up :raised_hands:. So much gained.

Best benefit of it all is becoming a better version of myself everyday. Being the person I was meant to be!

When you fully dive into sobriety and to stay successful in it I had to focus on myself. Quit for myself. The love I developed for myself expanded outwards. I know I may make it sound like it has been ez but I really had to stick it out through the hard times too. I remember at 8 months I was kinda loosing the feeling from all the love and support I got in the early stages of sobriety. That’s where it got tough. I was getting comfortable gaming 10 hrs a day one weekend. But That’s where my awareness from meditation kicked in. Like woahh k there Ron settle down on the games. I stuck it out working out with the weights 5x a week. Happiness comes and goes. Happiness is like a trend it will sky rocket for months than boom all your shit hits you again. I stuck it out though. Stayed grateful. Stayed strong. Stayed focused on bettering myself.

One year stronger today. I don’t get urges as long as I’m aligned in my path. Keep up with my self betterment practices. If I can keep strengthening my mind physically, mentally, spiritually I shall be alright. I get excited of the thought on how much stronger I can be in 10 years. Grateful for today though. Keep on keeping on peeps. All for one and one for all! :heart:

33 Likes

One year is so amazing!!! Good job!! Thank you for sharing your first year journey with us. Your an inspiration :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations on 1 year :star2:
Thanks so much for sharing, really great to read what’s working for you, I can feel the positive glow through your words. Awesome work :star_struck:

1 Like

Congratulations! It keeps getting better

1 Like

Awesome post! Major congrats to you! It’s so helpful to hear all of those benefits you listed!

1 Like

Fantastic share and congratulations!

1 Like

Wow! 1 year! Well done!

1 Like

Awesome!!!

1 Like

Congrats, great post.
You have done a lot of work and it’s paid off.
Well done.
:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

Congratulations on your 1 year! Today is my 1 year as well, isn’t it an amazing accomplishment?

Have a great one :v:

2 Likes

Outstanding and congratulations!! One year is terrific. Thanks for reminding us of the benefits of giving up the drink. :grinning:

1 Like

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing the benefits of your experience in such detail!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this!!

1 Like

I just want to 1st of all thank you for your post. I haven’t been on this app in MONTHS! And honestly cocaine (crack) was my demon for THE longest time. I am clean and sober now but I need the reminder of what recovery can do for me :slight_smile: I needed to see and read this and really take in what is possible for me in recovery. Also, a HUGE congratulations to you on your 1 year!!! Amazing :smiley:

1 Like

Well done for the one year!! :facepunch::partying_face::facepunch:

1 Like