Online Recovery Groups for Young People

Hello everyone, first I wanted to say that I’m proud of everyone here for being sober and keeping their head up one day at a time!

I currently have 44 days sober, and I’m presently trying to find more ways to be active in these programs (AA/NA) in order to be of service.

I really want to create an online support group coupled with Skype meetings specifically geared towards young people who may not have access to meetings in their area. Or just for those who may need one at an odd hour.

I’ve found over the 5 years I’ve been in this program that teenage/young adult addicts and alcoholics have a harder time relating to meetings that are strictly AA or where they can’t relate to those sharing due to the differences in age. While the disease of addiction may be the same over the years, our struggles may differ.

If anyone knows of ways to start such meetings or if there are already some going on, please let me know. I’m researching for myself as well.

Thank you in advance family. I appreciate you all, and I’m proud to call everyone in this program my brothers and sisters. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I sponsor guys way younger than me and dont find age realy matters, only my opinion

1 Like

Might be a good idea to start a meeting like this on Talking Sober. We’ll need some people who know how to run meetings though. Anyone have suggestions?

1 Like

I’ve run quite a few meetings and know the process of contacting the service center to get them going (if we wanna go official). Only problem is my internet connection is not always that great

2 Likes