Only 1 person remembered

Yesterday was my 180th day sober. It is my first time since I was young that I haven’t had a drink!!:grinning: yesterday was my 180th day which means I now can be considered for a liver transplant- I have cirrohsis and end stage liver failure. I keep people who know posted when they ask how I’m doing and am proud of my accomplishment. That being said only a friend remembered this milestone - which I appreciate very much she sent flowers with an uplifting card. My husband, Mom, sister and brother paid no attention, even though they’ve all been somewhat supportive.
Maybe I’m making a big deal out of nothing, but I’m hurt.
Good luck to all of you on your journeys- may you have love and support always!

3 Likes

What a huge bummer! You should feel proud of yourself and what you’ve accomplished. It’s okay to feel hurt, it may be telling you you need more connections going forward. Do you have access to sober people or groups?

1 Like

Did you drop any hints in the days leading up? Did they know your count, and how proud you are of your accomplishment? If they don’t know it’s a big deal for you, why would it be a big deal for them?

It is, however a big deal to us. I’m close to 180 myself. Bravo Zulu to you! Good job!

3 Likes

Our sober date is like our new birthday at a new life. If none of your family suffers from or reconize they are an addict then this isnt a big deal for them. They dont understand it the way we do. Congrats on the 180 days! I just past 5 mo myself

2 Likes

Thanks for all the support and kind words. Congrats to all of you for your accomplishments. Yes, they knew this was coming and they are also hopeful for a transplant- i think thats why it bothers me. Thank you for your support. Your kind words mean more than you know

1 Like

You remembered and you are the person that matters the most. Congrats!

4 Likes

You are definitely not making a big deal of nothing. You should be beyond proud. :))Awesomeness!!