Only human

Congratulations on 60 days!!!

1 Like

Thank you!! :smiling_face::two_hearts::cherry_blossom: Couldn’t do a single day without this community :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

How are you doing @Soli ?

2 Likes

Start with baby steps a min at a time, one day at a time turns into 2 days into months. You got this. Don’t overwhelm yourself with thinking about the time. Just focus on being clean and doing you. The days will pass I promise! Good luck.

1 Like

Hello @erntedank

My apologies for the late response; I haven’t been here in a few days and didn’t know I had a message. I’m on day 84 now I think and it’s going well. There’s a party on Saturday though and I’m a bit worried about it. I’ve promised that sobriety comes before everything else though. Thank you so much for asking! That’s very kind of you :blossom::blossom::heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the support @Gypsyvirgo86 :smiling_face::cherry_blossom::blossom:

Holy shit, 84? I’m doing worse than you were when you started this thread nearly 4 months ago. But 84 days is fantastic. Kudos.

2 Likes

It took me 23 resets on this app and a lot of mental struggle which continues to this day, even though it’s milder now but if I lose control for a second I’ll be back pressing that reset button again. You’re not doing worse, it’s part of the progress and I consider you and I to be on the same path, it’s still one day at a time for me and it is for you as well. I did today, you did today- I’m proud of both of us for today :cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom:

3 Likes

Now I’m late :grin:
How was the party?

1 Like

My emailed thought for the day:

Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

~Step Two of Alcoholics Anonymous

The Second Step pushes us to start believing in something other than ourselves. After facing that we are powerless in Step One, we feel vulnerable. What we do with our vulnerability is very important.

Hope is a power greater than us. We see others healing in the groups we attend, so we start to believe in a healing power. The power of the group is greater than us.

As we start to believe in hope, in our group, and in ourselves, we are slowly restored to sanity. When we were using alcohol and drugs, we knew our thinking and behavior were not balanced and sane, but we gave in because we had no hope. Now we have hope because we see that recovery creates a healthy life of sanity.

Hi!! I hope you’re well. Oh, the party was much better than I expected. There was cake which always helps, lol.
I do apologize for replying late again. I’ve been keeping busy with rock climbing, journaling, and starting next week, I’ll go running twice a week. I had no idea just how effective sports are for staying sober. I shouldn’t neglect this app though and the community here because I feel a bit too arrogant at the moment, sort of like, I’ve left it all behind… I’ll make an effort to come here daily. I was kinda pretending like none of it ever happened and coming here would remind me that it all did happen. But, I’ll come here everyday from now on for as long as I can

1 Like

Good to hear from you :hugs:
Sounds you are on a good sober way. Stay humble and stick to your sober plan. Fill your toolbox with things that can keep you sober. Stay connected. ODAAT

1 Like