Oooph Today Was Tough

So far to day 9 it’s been a breeze. Stopped drinking 9 day’s ago, broke up my relationship nine days ago and took last week off of work.

Back to the office today and everyone was heading to the pub tonight, apart from me. They have been talking about it since 3pm today ( it’s now 18.45pm.

The teeth were grinding, but thank the Lord I said No - I couldn’t help but tell them that I had a problem and I have given it up for good.

They were cool and very supportive.

I was tempted though just before I told them.

Home safe in 10 minutes

15 Likes

Mad props for telling your truth. The more you speak it aloud, the easier it becomes. :+1:t4:

3 Likes

Lots of oddities today for me this probably my first post. I will not drink today. Nervous energy is uncomfortable but manageable thanks.

3 Likes

Ye I have taken the same approach at work to just be open that I can’t drink in moderation

2 Likes

Well done for getting yourself out of it. You will be buzzing in the morning when you are feeling fresh and ready to go

2 Likes

way to go op. also just gotta say i love the user pic youve selected @winsumsciences

1 Like

So where to next or will their board continue to run. I’m just saw this first and jumped in.

Good for you Stephen. I can imagine how tough that was for you. You’ll be the one feeling good at work tomorrow while the rest are feeling tired and hungover.

2 Likes

Yip, the head is drink free Lisa :smile:

1 Like

Spot on Quinny , alarm went off 15 minutes ago, it’s so good to wake up fresh and drink free. I smiled when I seen your response :laughing:

1 Like

Honesty has been my greatest weapon for a loooong time. Well done on chosing the easier AND better path. We can’t confuse the lies we’ve told if there aren’t any!

1 Like