Opiate detox is taking forever

How’s it going @Dan_Alexander?

2 Likes

I’m in a very similar boat about opiate usage except I take mine in the form of pills. I’m at almost 5 days and in constant pain from the hips down. I hear you when you say it’s taking forever. Can I join in on this detoxing voyage with y’all as well

I found out doing some kind of full body stretch before bed or exercise during the day, helps with the sleep. Yeah you might not feel like it but if you force yourself, you wont regret it…plus it’s good for you​:blush: benadryl for sleep helps a little…after you take it you have to be ready to close your eyes and go to sleep, no phone no tv or anything. All of you are worth it, i 100 percent know the struggle is real man, but its possible!!!:heartbeat:

2 Likes

Hey @RANDOM, good luck to u! I’m on day 11 now, most of the sickness has passed I’m just very weak and tired and having insomnia. But I’m a million times better than I was even three days ago so stay strong if you’re feeling awful!
Anybody have ideas to help me not feel so weak? I’m taking vitamins and drinking tons of water but the lack of sleep is killing me.

Grats on day 11. It’s an uphill battle which sucks…i find myself bargaining on when I can do my 'extra curricular activities. But I just kinda look at myaelf and say ‘shut it…’

As far as insomnia goes, I don’t have much help with that. I can sleep easily because I’m battling depression too…so I sleep…a lot. If I’m not at work, I’m asleep. And I sleep until about an hour before I have to go to work (and I work late afternoons) and I get home at like 930pm…asleep by 1030. I’m sorry I don’t have any other input for you…im bad at this game, lol

My kingdom for 8 hours of sleep!

I hear ya. I hope it gets easier. I really do. Here’s to us, yo. We got this.

How ya hanging? I thought I was done with all the stomach bullshit two days ago but am super nauseous and pukey again all of a sudden. It’s the first time I’ve thought Fuck it I’m gonna go find a pill and end this shit. But I’m stayin strong.

Stomach is acting up but that’s because I haven’t been eating much other than raisins and orange juice.

As far as the pill thing, yeah. I’m on that boat too, especially since I’m off work tomorrow and I tend to stay up late and play video games…but I might try a different approach and just kinda go out to a movie with friends instead. I had a good day at work and made some cash (I’m a hairdresser) so I might go treat myself to dinner (assuming anything sounds good) and maybe go clothes shopping…ive saved a lofty amount of funding by not purchasing my stupid stuff.

Keep it up, bro. We got this.

End of day 13 and feeling pretty good. Still not getting more than three or four hours of sleep a night but hopefully that will change as I start to pick up the pace and get back to work tomorrow instead of lounging all day.
Did you get out to dinner or get to treat yo self? Hope you’re doing well!

1 Like

@Dan_Alexander how’s it going? Hope all is well! Stay strong!

2 Likes

Gives me a glimmer hope on this extremely long road ahead.
Keep trucking

I have no advice but I just want to say that your incredibly strong and I’m grateful that you’ve shared your journey with us. <3 You’re a warrior.

Yeah, I ended up going to longhorn and buying myself a rare prime rib with some fries…because I’m still 12 years old and cant pass up fries. Its gotten easier for me to get through the day. Though my stomach is all kinds of torn up still. But…we’ll see what happens from here on out. My coworkers noticed a change in me…im a lot happier they said. I don’t see it but hey…whatever. how’re you doing

Prime rib sounds good. All my stomach stuff has passed and now I’m ravenous for real food. I had a salad and smoothie for lunch which is so not me, but it sounded good. Body craving nutrients perhaps? I had a great day yesterday got to get out to see some friends and hear some live music. Today started well until I got bad news, well not bad news just annoyances of life news in an email (money, bills long story). Result=Immediate and unadulterated rage. I beat my kitchen table with a frying pan until it broke rage. The frying pan not the table. Then cried and waterboarded myself in the shower til I could calm down. So yeah. That happened. It’s one of the only times I’ve almost made the call to score. But I didn’t. I did smoke a lot of weed though, so there’s that.
But managed to make it through another day (#14). One day at a time right?

1 Like

Good luck! Stay with us! If i can do it you can do it! Check in and let us know how it’s going. Smoking weed if you can helped me with the nauseous stuff.

1 Like

Longer than I’ve been. I’m on 15 days and tonight is my first night back behind the bar slinging drinks. My stomach hurts my back hurts but I gotta start back sometime.

1 Like

Welp I am out of energy and it’s still a long way from last call lol
Good luck with the stomach shit, don’t forget that it will end eventually!! Pepto and pedialite lol

1 Like

Just checking in to keep myself honest. This is the first time I’ve had cash in my pocket since quitting. My first instinct is of course to go buy some drugs. It’s a hard habit to break. But I’m a stubborn bitch so I’m not going to give in today! My mantra has kind of been “be the hero of your own story,” holding on to that extra tight today because I’ve got shit to do and people who rely on me. Stay strong friends!

3 Likes

Keep on trucking my friend! You know it’ll get better eventually! Lots of water! The first week I tried to drink as much as I could just to keep pushing that crap out, I could smell it on my sweat. (Still can) I wish I could tell you the magic sleep recipe but I can’t, I’m still struggling for more than five hours or so. I’m on day 16. You can do this!

1 Like