Opiate withdrawal HELP

The thing I would be wary about is that have withdrawals stopped because your body has stabilized on the amount you are taking. I get it that you have to work during your detox I would just be very wary. Anything that eases withdrawals to that degree is physically addicting.
That is unless I have misunderstood as I seem to remember you saying that you only use it for five days.
Whatever you personally feel you need to do at the end of the day but I personally wouldn’t advise anybody on here to use it as it has never been proven medically or understood and it’s likely to cause a little backlash here comment wise.
I hope you are successful and never have have to take either pills or kratom again🙂

2 Likes

Yes, I am only taking until I know I wont have WDs anymore. I honestly dont think I could have physically detoxed again…its takes so much out of me…I feel the last 3 times i quit CT, they took a piece of me.

1 Like

In the beginning I did try AA NA and HA but I never did find the right group for me. But I use this app it has helped me so much in so many different ways and there is a lot of great advice and great people on here. I also work about 50 to 60 hours a week so that helps a lot. And I picked up a lot of hobbies, such as writing, painting, drawing, yoga, meditation,running and many more. I keep busy. Music is a big part of my sobriety as well.And thank you. You will be there before you know it!! :hugs::two_hearts:

It’s bloody hard work isn’t it, that time I did it I found a site in sheer desperation made by an American fella who had been through it and he described it as the hardest thing you will ever attempt to do and I agree completely. I couldn’t do it the second time around and as I’ve said since then I’ve used bupenorphrine.
Will you not withdraw from it though, if it’s stopped wd,s then had it not satisfied the receptors in your brain which would cause you to withdraw again all be it less severe🙂

Well…I figure 5 years or more of taking pills, compared to 5 days of Kratom. I will take my chances of the WD of Kratom.

1 Like

I want being critical I was genuinely interested :+1:

PM me for more information

Today marks 1 week clean. I have bad cravings all day because I am truly in pain. Not taking Kratom anymore either.

2 Likes

The pain is your body’s way of healing. Hopefully in the next few days the symptoms will subside. If you are able to, try getting some light exercise in on a daily basis. It will help with the soreness. Also a nice hot shower before bed helped me get to sleep.

1 Like

One of the main things to remember is stay hydrated. Gatorade and water. Avoid caffeine if possible it won’t help. Bananas are a good for potassium which is one of the things you will sweat out the most. Find 12 step meetings if you are able. I’ve been through this more times than I can count. I’m actually 6 months and 20 days. You can do this! Your mind also needs to be taken care of as well. I recommend going to celebrate recovery or reading the Bible.
His strength is made perfect in our weakness - 2 Corinthians 12:9
Good luck and God bless!

3 Likes

Checking in. Today is day # 11 sober. I dont quite have all of my energy back, but it’s getting there. Sleep sucked for awhile…but it as well is getting back to normal. The pain, well, it is still here. Been to spine docs this week to get it fixed once and for all. HOPEFULLY

1 Like

Sober day#20. Feeling better each day. Sleep pattern is still off, but should get better with time. Happy Friday everone!

2 Likes

That’s nice to know. It’s great when your start to feel normal after opiate withdrawal kinda makes it with it though I wouldn’t recommend anyone to get in the position where they have to do it. It took about four or five weeks for my sleep to level out though I did crash occasionally when my body needed it :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Today is week 3 of sobriety. I have some tough days with pain and cravings, but I have yet to go buy some more pain pills. That right there is a success to me.

6 Likes

Every sober day is a success when you are kicking opiates.

1 Like

I just wanted to check in, and say that I am 40 days clean today. I never thought I would be able to say that, but today I say it with excitement.

3 Likes

That is soooo good to hear!!
How is your spine issue doing?