Opiate withdrawal HELP

Had enough of being a pill head and wasting all of my money. Been taking (10 )325/10 norcos for 4 to 5 years. I’m on hour 13 of being clean, and I know the worst is yet to come. I have used Kratom before, and it definitely helps. The next 5 days are going to be bad…gonna need some support from yall. This is my 4th and final time of getting sober.

10 Likes

Right here with you. You got this. :facepunch::v::+1:. I also just fell off wagon and it’s my day one again. We will go through it and slay this dragon. Giddy up.

9 Likes

I just reached the 1 day mark. I know the worst is yet to come. But, to say the least, 1 day is better than no days! Gotta keep this going. Cold turkey

5 Likes

You can do it! Think of the reason why you’re doing it and keep it at the forefront of your mind. You can beat this! Stay strong!

3 Likes

Thank you for the inspiration

1 Like

Maybe try a meeting they help wish you well

1 Like

Kratom is just as bad. I really wish people would stop promoting as a wonder drug when all it really is, is just another drug. Also we don’t promote specific brands of drugs here.

1 Like

I used heroin to get over my alcohol withdrawal.

Totally a good idea. I should tell everyone

I completely understand where you are coming from. But the alternative, being withdrawals, sucks more. I do cold Turkey, plus go to work every day while detoxing. I’m sorry you dont understand where I’m coming from.

2 Likes

Checking in today…now on day 4 of being sober.

2 Likes

Congrats. Keep it up! I think that we all understand where you’re coming from to some degree. But what’s worked for you may not work for someone else. You could steer someone down a dangerous path alleging that something is a wonder drug.

Obtain from selling a withdrawl substitute. When i got sober on here . Someone else was getting off opiates at the same time using kratom. I personally used one 8mg sub for 10 days. After i discontinued the sub and he continued kratom. I started to feel better before he did and continued to use because of wd he still felt would not jump. Cold turkey is the best way to detox although its a nitemare you will remember what you went thru the next time ur offered or pick up. The idea thing would be to take a week or 2 off work to detox. Then it is still bad but manageable…

2 Likes

I’m glad you got sober, but I just wish people would stop promoting kratom like some miracle drug. It’s just another street drug. Just with fancy packaging

4 Likes

The withdrawals are horrible they are but they also make you stronger. I stopped using cold Turkey, and it was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. It’s not easy at all. But I believe that is one of the reasons why I am so strong on my sober journey. I ran into my old dealer and was offered free drugs, and I said no! I had to quit my job because they wouldn’t give me the time off I needed. So I went from no job no money no car ( i had to sell it for money so i could paid my bills) now i have a way better job, I have my own house, and an ok car. And I have been clean for just over 7 months. I so happy and thanks to my sobriety I truly love myself. If I can do you can too. It’s not gonna be easy I still have my hard days but I fight though them and I come out stronger because of them. If you truly I want it then you will do just fine. 7 months ago I didnt think I could do it . But I did I’m still here fighting for it . So you can do it too , you just have to fight for it. I believe in you, your stronger then you know and you will fine that out on your path to sobriety. Good luck, keep your head up and keep moving forward. You got this!! :hugs::muscle::two_hearts::heartpulse:

5 Likes

Did you use any recovery based programmes or anything like that, seven months is fantastic btw, congratulations.:+1:
I quit cold turkey the first time around and swore that I would never go back there but unfortunately I did, it gets harder to do each time. I’m doing really well now but have had to do it with the help of bupenorphrine. The largest dose I have been on was 4mg per day, I’ve now stopped and experienced virtually no withdrawal symptoms which was great but due to that I’m having to put a lot things in to my toolbox as my addict mind will tell me"it’s ok you can get addicted again, use bupenorphrine to taper down and get no withdrawals," I’m not going back to that though. :slightly_smiling_face::grinning::slightly_smiling_face::grinning::slightly_smiling_face::grinning::slightly_smiling_face::grinning:

1 Like

Do what you feel needs to be done in order to get off hard stuff and eventually sober. Some people use suboxone that is 10x stronger than opiates and some people use kratom which is lighter in my opinion. Just don’t swap habits and get addicted to kratom. I quit a very evil drug called suboxone, with 10 day kratom taper. I can give a crap less what anyone thinks about it. Worked for me, clean now.

How large a suboxone dose were you taking if you don’t mind me asking. I thought the naltrexone was supposed to stop it being abusable or is that incorrect. It just used to be subutex here in the UK which was just bupenorphrine but people would snort it to abuse it so it’s been changed to a freeze dried wafer called espranor.
I’ve never had a dose larger than 4mg but usually just 2 and only to stop drastic withdrawals which is why I ask. Congrats on licking it, opiates are evil :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks, I was on 4mg for about a year, then did a 6 month taper down to .5mg. I was kicking a very 20 year opiate addiction and suboxone sounded great at the time, but it turned me into a introverted zombie with zero feelings, so I know I needed to quit. Do a very slow taper if you are thinking of quiting. It’s not something you can taper real quick or CT.

1 Like

I am on day 4, and I feel fine. I take 1 Kratom capsule about every 3 hours or so. The thing is, I was feeling really sick after just 1 day, so knowing what that felt like will keep me from going back. Trust me, I CT quit 3 times, while going to work every day. It sucked bad…but when Friday came, which was the 5th day, it’s like it just goes away. I have way to busy of a life, and a good job that I cant take the chance of losing. Kratom helps me…is it good for me, probably not, but is eating 10 Norcos a day? I understand that I could acquire a need for Kratom as well…but I will gradually just let them go. The taste alone will make that happen…lol

1 Like

I’ve had a ten year heroin addiction, the first time I got clean I did it cold turkey and have since done it with bupenorphrine (I’ve seen it referred to as warn Turkey) seven or eight times now but always ended up with a heroin habit again apart from this time. I used to just have 2mg for around three weeks then one mg for around a week and then stop and tbh only had slight withdrawals the first time then never the times after. I developed a habit again last year and no longer had anyone to get subutex sublingual tablets off so enrolled at my local drug and alcohol clinic and started on 4mg though they wanted me on 16mg but I said no way, I went down to 2 six weeks ago then stopped just over two weeks ago strangely with no withdrawals again, it’s kinda like my body has got used to it which would be strange. I havn’t really craved much but I’m putting everything in to it this time because I don’t want to use again just because I know I’ll be able to use bupe again. 16mg just seems way way too much to me but here in the UK they want to get us on that or a ridiculously large amount of methadone and basically stay on it for life, I just wouldn’t be happy with that.
Well done again on kicking it,I really didn’t know you could abuse it on those kind of amounts :slightly_smiling_face: