Other programs being advertised

“I am a Comeback” and “One year, no beer” Has anyone tried any of these programs? I see lots of ads for these on other social media sites. What were your thoughts and outcomes? Are there any others anyone recommends?

I’m on the one year no beer Facebook page but didn’t sign up as it costs but I do watch the live videos and read the stories :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you. Do you feel it helps in any way different from other types of support?

I just think it’s an extra tool it can’t do any harm except it’s not a sobriety site it’s about quitting alcohol for certain amounts of time but what I’ve noticed is most that sign up to quit for 60+ days never want to go back

2 Likes

When I started out 7 months ago I signed up to “The Alcohol Experiment” the aim is to start with a goal of 30 days and to see how being sober can change your life, the programme can then be continued up to 100 days and you can stay on the site/group as long as you want. It is really good, it’s lead by Annie Grace who wrote “This Naked Mind”
and is based on the same premise of changing the way you think about alcohol. You get daily motivational Emails and links to podcasts and videos full of information. It’s completely free and most people seem to complete the 30 or 100 days and carry on going. There is also access to a chat forum on the site and you can ask a more experienced member to mentor you as well. I’d definitely recommend it. I have finished the course but still stay on the site mainly for the emails and videos

1 Like