Our quitting of cigarettes thread

Plane tickets.

2 Likes

Nice. Got anywhere in mind?

I’d like to do some more travelling next year although I’m going the no fly thing (was already planning a UK break this year). Would love to go on the Orient Express one day but that would take some serious :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

I wanted to go the The Lakes at some point but maybe next year. Im going to the US in september; hopefully ill be in the US quite a bit lol and I may go to Prague for a day or 2 to visit friends.

I think we are going to do a week at home, exploring, then a week camping split between the Lakes and the Yorkshire Dales.

I find the idea of the US so overwhelming, there’s so much of it. How do you choose?! :joy:

That sounds lovely; Nice but of hiking territory there. I’ve always wanted to go and explore that part of the Country but always headed South instead.

1 Like

I literally have no idea why im stopping smoking. All I feel right now is that im just abstaining from doing something I actually enjoy. I want a cigarette so fucking bad that I may need to rethink my plan :confused:

Yep. Failed. Total failure. My 40 a day habbit is worse than I thought.

I’ve decided to go to the doctor to talk about NRT. My sister was successful with Champix so maybe ill discuss that.

So there I have it! My plan wasnt strong enough, ill just have to review it and try again.

Nothing’s a failure when you are trying your best. 40 is a lot of smokes. At least you didn’t touch opiates or alcohol today. Progress not perfection.

1 Like

I quit smoking a year ago. I was a heavy smoker. Now it seems I have replaced one addiction with another. Drinking!! I kinda hate my brain and how it works. I get addicted to stuff very easily. Not sure why. Thank god never tried drugs

1 Like

I found nicotine patches made a massive difference. Didn’t go to the GP though, that’s a good shout.

The :snake::snake::snake: thoughts are such a bitch! The mindset change is essential I think, like with drinking and drugs. I think it’s harder with smoking though because you don’t get all that negative stuff to hang on to - shame, blackouts etc. The gain is possibly not being terribly ill in future, it’s hard to trade that against the craving and discomfort right now.

I really would recommend trying the Allen Carr book. I’d be happy to post you my copy if you want to pm your address. But I picked it up cheap and second hand from Amazon, I’m sure you could find a copy if you want to keep your address private! He recommends against NRT and reading it while you’re still smoking. I read it after I’d already quit smoking using NRT and still found it helpful.

I made it through the weekend without smoking, I’m pretty pleased with myself. I am still feeling lots of cravings but I kept reminding myself of my list of reasons not to smoke. I went home early and glad I did, as another friend ended up caving later in the evening and I would have found it hard not to join in (he was probably drunk by that point too which I don’t imagine helped!).

1 Like

Just made 2 weeks feeling good

2 Likes

This is making me want to quit but only having 12 days, I’m way to attached to my vape right now to stop nicotine. I was thinking rehab might be a safe place to slow down. Congrats on 2 weeks, that’s awesome

Thank you. Its been a long time coming. I was told while I was in treatment that I would have a greater chance of not relapsing if I quit smoking at the same time.

1 Like

God willing I’ll have 29 days about when I start rehab and that maybe the perfect time to go through it. Thanks for the information. Really health wise need to quit!

@siand - I have the book but thankyou for the offer :slight_smile: After I finished the book first time, I didnt feel like I was good to stop, I just felt pissed that id ran out of cigarettes. @Dejavu reminded me of Champix which I forgot about but both my dear sister and brother-in-law quit using it very successfully so im going to go to the doctor and see if I can get it. Thankyou again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s to Day One

2 Likes

From one Bears fan to another, you can do this friend. I quit 10 years ago after a bazillion failed attempts. Get after it man!

3 Likes

Today makes 26 days cigarette free

3 Likes

222 days fag free :joy::rofl::joy:

3 Likes