Our quitting of cigarettes thread

Wow yeah I like that, some great tips :+1: thanks for sharing

How is everyone doing on there fight for a healthier lifestyle? As for me its going good I’ve been cigarette free for 2 months and 20 days

2 Likes

Awesome work :ok_hand::+1::metal::clap::blush:

2 Likes

Putting all the tools I learnt to fight drink cravings to good use :blush: today I will not smoke :+1: keep up the great work @Kaeo you are an inspiration

1 Like

I’m 10 months 2 days smoke/vape free, 8 months 20 days nicotine free.

Still getting cravings but they pass. Being sober means I can control it and I am determined to keep with it.

4 Likes

I’m 1369 days free from smoking both tobacco and pot. I use all the tools I learned quitting and staying quit from smoking on quitting and staying quit from alcohol now… And it’s a huge help! :sunglasses: Great going all!

1 Like

Really craving a cigarette now :pensive::pensive::pensive:

1 Like

Cmon lady you got this…

Maybe play the tape through and picture how you’ll feel after it’s done…your body will have the terrible chemica back inside it that it’s currently free of! Your clothes will smell…mouth will taste bad…and then you’ll just be craving another one bc that’s what addictive chemicals do to you…take a deep breath…is there something you can do to treat yourself? Ice cream? 10min massage?

1 Like

It shall pass as long as you don’t brain on the idea of wanting it the cravings will go away. Stay strong :muscle:

Thank you, your so right! Going to watch some Netflix and do some stretches instead :blush:

1 Like

That is so true, in the past I couldn’t fight cravings but it seems to get easier with practice and they do go away. Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Wooooooooo! Put that one in the win column for yourself. Awesome work❤️ glad we’re both allies to our lungs today👍🏻

1 Like

@Yolobitch think this is the most recent/active quitting smoking thread

1 Like

@siand thanks man. I wish it was like someone punch me in my lungs and take this lungs out. Then lock me put till the time I give up

1 Like

2 Likes

Had to reset last night as I had half a cigarette :pensive: It was absolutely disgusting and foul :weary::dizzy_face: anyhow onwards and upwards.

Did anyone else get insanely bloated from quitting? I haven’t gained weight but my belly is so full and bloated, people are starting to stare and my mates asked if I was pregnant last week! Exactly what no none pregnant woman wants to be asked!! :face_with_raised_eyebrow::persevere::tired_face::upside_down_face::pensive: Its making me depressed and really uncomfortable.
I been taking senna, peppermint tea, lots of ginger, probiotics, exercise, yoga. Anything more suggestions/advice would be great x

1 Like

Thanks Kevin :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you going cold turkey? I’ve been vaping (so really just replaced the addiction for another, though I plan to wean of vapes in 6 months.)

Have a great vacation, and best of luck on Saturday with your new quit date, keep in going you can do this :slightly_smiling_face::+1::facepunch::muscle::muscle:

Dont be hard on yourself its f*****g hard work, I’ve been trying to quit for 6 years now :pensive:
At least we are trying :+1:and everytime we dont light up our lungs will be better off for it :slightly_smiling_face:

Another bit of wisdom from Quitnet (the site that helped me quit smoking) for you @Frantasticooo . Nicotine messes with our digestive system as it does with our brains. Hope this is helpful (and/or enjoyable) :
Quitulence and Quitstipation, from Chris the Science Geek

“chris the science geek” is a scientist (chemist) by trade, a writer by avocation, and a long-time “q-ster” (quitnet slang for a quitter or a member of quitnet). he wrote a series of articles on various quit phenomena, such as “crs (can’t remember sh*t) syndrome”, “quitzits”, and “quitulence” (do i have to explain that?). here’s another of those articles:

A recent correspondent asked me about what is commonly known as “quitulence” or excess cough $@!#% cough during a Quit. Please sit back, get comfortable and sip a nice beverage and I’ll try to explain it the best I can.

Although we all like to think of ourselves as very independent, especially since we are now certified Quitsters, the fact of the matter is we rely on other organisms to live. In fact, without some of these other organisms, we COULDN’T live. The biggest and most obvious example of this are the bacteria that live in and on our body. There are bacteria on your skin that help you to fight off unfriendly bacteria that try to infect you. There are bacteria around the openings into your body (nose, mouth, ears, etc…) that fight off the unfriendlies trying to infect those areas. Stuff like that.

One of the most important activities that friendly bacteria perform for us to live in our gut (stomach, intenstinal tract, places like that) and help us to break down and digest our food. Without those friendly “bugs”, we have >>major<< problems which is why you often experience -uh- gastric “distress” when you are on antibiotics: the drugs actually kill off many of these good bugs along with the malevolent ones that are trying to make you sick.

Well, when you invade your system with nicotine, it plays hell with your whole body and causes a shift in the types of bacteria that can survive in this polluted environment. Then, one day, you go and quit and suddenly the chemical environment shifts dramatically. It takes a while for your gut to respond and for the population of bacteria to recover and readjust itself to this new situation. During that time, you will find you don’t digest your food so well. When food gets past your stomach and is digested in the intestines and other unspeakable areas (this happens with beans a lot for many people), a great deal of gas gets liberated “down there”. When this happens, you can’t just give a discreet little belch to let it out, it has to go the …um… other way if you get my meaning. And LOTS of it goes “the other way”. A WHOLE LOT in some cases. Like maybe you need to go outside now whole lot. Like even the dog gets up and leaves when you’re around whole lot.

Eventually, the microbial equilibrium in your body is reestablished and things return to normal (which for men is usually indistinguishable from this hyper-gassy state that we’ve just described.) In the meantime, you might try upping how much yogurt you eat and focus on eating easy-to-digest foods so that less gas gets produced “down there”. Also, keep in mind that many of the snacks that Quitsters use to get them through the initial days and weeks are high in fiber and fat (carrots, sunflower seeds, Cheetos, etc.) These can make things worse and, if it gets real bad, you might consider avoiding them. Otherwise, just be patient. Eventually you’ll get back to normal.

Now, please, would ya light a match or something?! Sheesh!