Out of nowhere anxiety

Didn’t reset my sober time clock but I’m at 3 weeks. Great. But today I’ve had axiety and I feel loopy. Definitely not gonna drink about it. Maybe it has nothing to do with alcohol. Nothing triggering…Just anxious and out of it…

3 Likes

Your done with physical withdrawal so your addict mind is trying its desparate mental games to get you to drink.

I had a few crying fits my first couple months. I hardly ever cry. Had bad anxiety around my one year mark. Never had anxiety in my life until that moment.

Just keep it up and learn how to deal with emotions and feelings without drugs.

1 Like

PAWS. Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome

Anxiety happens early on. I drank heavy for 25 years. It was a coping mechanism…So, when I took it away, my mind and body didnt no what to do.

Stay sober, go through all the crap and it will get better

2 Likes

Stay strong, I have random bouts of anxiety here and there but overall it is a million times better than when I was still drinking. Now that we are sober we just have to learn to sit with it and let the feelings pass.

I always find it ironic how I couldn’t see that drinking was amplifying the exact problem I was drinking to fix (I think that made sense).

2 Likes

100% it is your body mind and spirit readjusting without the alcohol. It does take time to get reacquainted with all our emotions and feelings and our bodies need time to adjust. I have the same with anxiety…finding new coping mechanisms and reminding myself it won’t kill me (even when it feels like it surely will) has been key. Walking, healthy food, baths, restorative sleep, meditating or just resting my eyes, yoga, etc. All help me ease thru anxious times…especially sleep and baths and getting outside. I also find journaling, dancing, knitting, baking, fierce workouts helpful at times. Working anxiety OUT of my body and mind is key for me.

3 weeks is amazing!! Stick with it. I won’t drink with you today!!!:heart:

4 Likes