Ozempic, and curbed desire

Hi there again everyone,

So I began on Ozempic for diabetes (and hopeful of side benefit of weight loss), with the intent once I got through the initial couple months at low dosage that I’d start thinking of quitting drinking.

Well my two weeks sober so far was right about when I began on the 1mg dose weekly. I have since lost about 10lbs to date and my blood sugar numbers are well in check… one of the other funny little benefits that I’ve heard about after beginning this medication is the drop in desire for things like drinking, drugs, sweets, greasy food…and so far that seems to be holding true for me.
Now again, that’s not why I began on Ozempic, it was because I kept forgetting to take my multiple times per day medication and was hopeful for some slow healthy weight loss. The booze thing was a nice little added surprise.

My question, does anyone else have any experience on this topic that they’d wish to share? I just am trying to gobble up all the insights I can on all these topics.

Best and thanks

3 Likes

Thats awesome that your diabetes drug curbs cravings. Congrats on getting your numbers in check and your new found sobriety.

2 Likes

I know it’s been a while but I’d like to leave my experience here. Unfortunately, my experience went in the opposite direction. I started taking Ozempic primarily for blood sugar control, hoping that the weight loss would be just a bonus.

The first few weeks were good, but then things slowly got worse. I started having constant nausea and this strange feeling that food was sitting in my stomach for hours. Even small meals made me feel uncomfortably full. After a few months, my doctor told me to stop taking it.

After that I tried to understand what was happening, read different patient stories and medical explanations, and it helped me realize that these digestive issues can show up in some cases and aren’t just random. At some point I also came across discussions around Ozempic Lawsuits, and it made me realize other people reported similar symptoms. For me, that context mattered because it made it easier to take my symptoms seriously and talk through next steps with my doctor.

1 Like

Hi there Taylor,

Sorry you had/have a bad experience. What exactly went wrong if you don’t mind sharing?

If so, no worries, understandable. Just thought perhaps I may be able to offer thoughts. I’ve been on Ozempic (1mg dose) and it’s still helping me. It’s not a miracle drug at all, still Lots of work has to go into it, but I have found it to be helpful myself.

Best Wishes

1 Like