Pathfinder

Well today I decided too speak about my problem more with my fiance and it felt good that I have finally said it too her that I am a alcoholic. I guess we both already knew there was a problem there and that I dont look at alcohol in the same way as others do. She didnt think I was a alcoholic because I’m not dependant on it. But I have been in the past I had severe withdrawals once when I had been drinking for 4 weeks straight and then I joined a ship where i couldn’t drink and ended up in hospital. But that was in my old relationship with my ex who i have my 9 year son with that was a drinking relationship. My fiance now doesnt really drink at all so I think she has saved me I would probably be dead if I didnt meet her and have our beautiful 2 year old daughter. I’ve come along way since then but still not managed too stop totally. Me saying I’m alcoholic too her means that I have someone too understand me as much as she can. And she will be there too support me all the way. I think we all have a destination too get too and some of us take different harder paths or the wrong paths only you can turn around and find the right one.

4 Likes

Good you came pitt and said it. Now you can begin to find the right path for you and your family. Not to be a downer on what is such a big step, but what is your next step to stay on your right path?

I’m going too go too meetings once I can get out again but untill then I’m going too keep motivated and busy I’m bk at work next week so that will keep me occupied and when I get a urge too drink I’m going too read about addiction and the dangers of it. I’m getting into my fitness again aswell so this will help also.

2 Likes

Listening to aa meetings on YouTube is helpful too. I’ve heard Eric Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan on there. When I think of how many people are trying to get/stay away from drinking it’s overwhelming.
The truth is, you can do it to Kieran; you’re stronger than you think. :blush:

1 Like

Check out some of the online meeting resources here:

Online meeting resources

1 Like

Hi Donna nice too meet you. Thanks that’s a great idea I will do that tonight when I lay in bed hope you are well

1 Like