Peaceful Sunday morning or Saturday night fever

Good morning from İstanbul. I live in a part of the city where the night life is extremely fast. My Sundays were nightmares for me for so long. I was like, ohh again a Sunday and again I am a mess. Last week at these hours i was binging. For example last week i started at 10 pm and kept drinking until 3 pm the next day. This morning i am clean. Honestly i do not feel fully peaceful but i feel much better than last week. Cats are awake of course. We are waiting for the sun. Birds around ect. The best part is my mind is clear. My money is in my pocket. Anxiety comes and leaves. I listen R.E.M’s Everybody Hurts. I try to hold on. I love you people.

19 Likes

I lived in a resort area / near the beach for many years. It was nice enjoying quiet early mornings hangover free vs stumbling around for a mimosa at breakfast somewhere.

Waking up hangover and anxiety free never gets old!!

8 Likes

Woke up this morning Early!. Went to grocery store to do some shopping picked up my dinner to cook for the day. Cleaned out my refrigerator. Ready to take on another day. One day at a time.

6 Likes

Keep choosing sober mornings. Remember these feelings. Money in your pocket, no hangover from the night prior. Anxiety is a real burden. It will get easier, keep choosing sobriety. :blue_heart:

5 Likes

Saturday night…reviving this thread. Hows everyones sober saturday?

2 Likes

Pretty good, playing in a poker tournament

2 Likes

I hope you are a good bluffer

I do alright, lol

Friday and Saturday were all sober. Do you think our mind triggers us on these days more? I think my brain really loves Saturday nights. I keep reminding it the horrible Sunday hangovers. Stay sober my friends. Love you.

Another sober Sunday. Today is my birthday. We celebrated with my friends and my bro. Lots of drinks of course but guess what I did not drink. It was awesome. I ate cake that is safe :slightly_smiling_face: Today is day 21. Keep going. Love you all.

2 Likes