Peeing a lot?!

Hi there… My sobriety is new. Almost 1 week sober, which is a long time for me. I’ve been urinating frequently since quitting drinking alcohol. I don’t think I’m drinking a ton more water, so just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

1 Like

1 Like

Hi there…I am not a doctor…but might be worth getting it checked out. Diabetes can make you pee alot…but usually comes with a thirst as well…just a thought

1 Like

Hi There! Any chance you’re losing weight or just started working out now that you’re sober? Welcome to the forum by the way, glad you’re here. When I lose weight, or start working out again after a little time off I pee lots and lots and lots :grin:

I have been working out more. I got a new pair of roller blades and have been out on those a lot to help distract me.

2 Likes

That might be it :slight_smile: no doc here, but I even wake up multiple times during the night to per the first week or two back at the gym.

I would consult with your primary care doctor. While it may be the fact that you are exercising more, frequent urination can be a sign of more troubling issues like diabetes. I suggest downloading an app that you can use to monitor to your water intake to see if maybe you are drinking more water than you think you are. :slight_smile: i hope it’s nothing serious and just a sign of your new a healthier lifestyle.

7 months on from quitting, I keep a record of how much fluid I consume, and because of exercise I do drink a lot. Often 3.5 litres per day if you include all liquid (without caffeine).

Since quitting I often need to get out of bed, maybe 2 or 3 times per night, to pee. I do drink stuff in the evenings too.

Just wondering if other ex alcohol drinkers have to get up to pee too!

I know there are other medical reasons this could be happening (prostate stuff for blokes, diabetes etc) but it has all started since I quit.

All experience gratefully received…. :slightly_smiling_face: :droplet: :sweat_drops:

Alcohol can make us retain water so it could be that leaving your body.