People in here are so strong

There are so many people here that have shown that recovery from alcohol is not only possible, but it’s the best thing we can do with our lives. I’m so proud of you all. Thank you for inspiring me to stay sober. I am so going to try. Please dear God no more relapses. Seltzer water tonight.:pray::shamrock:

20 Likes

Hey TT; type in “sobriety” in YouTube, there’s lots of good stuff there.

3 Likes

Now that I’ve reached the stage in my life where I want to give up drinking I can see that there’s so much support available. You tube, this app, AA etc.
But it also makes me ask the question, exactly how many of us are out there that want to give up their addiction?
It is a terrible situation that this problem exists with so many .

1 Like

All I know is that common things are common… The numbers of alcohol/addicts, I think, are way under reported. That’s another reason to stay sober so we can help those who are still struggling.

1 Like

This war we battle one day at a time. There are so many different ways to recover just keep trying out things and find what you like. I wish you well

2 Likes

How many of TT want to give up addiction? Are you willing to try anything that others have used successfully?

Another key for me to get and stay sober was the willingness to admit that I was an alcoholic, sure that was a prerequisite. But more than that, I had to admit that I did not know how to get and stay sober and that plenty of people were able to just that. I found my people in AA, and eventually here on Talking Sober. I listened to them and did what they suggested. Some of it helped me tremendously, some it was more “meh”.

When I told a counselor once that I didn’t want to go to AA because I wasn’t “a group guy”, what I really meant was that I wanted to continue to drink. When I got sober I could not tolerate any excuses or reluctance on my part.

I pray that you find the desperation, willingness, and grace needed to make the personality change sufficient to overcome addiction to alcohol.

1 Like

I agree, I love this app!

1 Like