People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

I am so exited…
Theraplant is getting a new leave!

I love her :green_heart:

12 Likes

This thread makes me happy :grin::grin:

My husband hates my plants and says they’re clutter :sob: my dream would be to have an indoor jungle

13 Likes

I always get so excited about new leaves and I tell my husband “OMG quick come look” :rofl: he doesn’t care, but I have to share it with somebody so now I will be coming here instead. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Every time I go into my living room or greenhouse:

0f2eaa419eac6bb0930c744d4e594bd5

5 Likes

Lol :laughing: Nice!

2 Likes

My orchid plant is blooming again! This is round three. It’s like me, it doesn’t give up :laughing:

14 Likes

We are happy to c every new leave here :heartpulse:

4 Likes

Today she is dropping… Magic :blue_heart::green_heart::sweat_drops:

9 Likes

The monstera and the other little guy need a new home soon!

I think the monstera needs a bigger one directly to spread her wings. It growed double it’s size in 3 weeks. Has anyone experienced a tipp?

12 Likes

The top pic has one of my very favorite plants in it, it is like a friend, you know?? The sotol, with an agarita behind it and an agave and lechuguilla to it’s left. The sotol has been through some very harsh and hot and also very low temps (close to 0 F, ice and snow) and thrived. Now it is Blooming. Ugh. It is breaking my heart.
@TMAC and those of you who know. My grocery store has cute little succulents outside. Any of them withstand 120F and almost 0F?
I have 7 little pots I want to put something in. 7in or so to smaller. Last year prickly pear failed either because it was too hot or I watered it too much or too little. Failed in the summer. Outside in nature it did not.
Anyway I am just looking for sympathy on my beautiful sotol.
Cheers everyone. Guess I need to look for a replacement sotol.

7 Likes

Where are you that this is your temp range?! Those are HIGH Arizona highs and about 30 under our lowest. Australia? South Africa?

Anyhow, to answer - generally no. Anything that hot is too much for most standard succulents, and most won’t do well under ~40°.

2 Likes

The 120 isn’t the outside temperature it’s just the temperature that it potentially gets on a porch. It’s hot.
Outside temps realistically as low as 5 to 110 or something.
Southern USA.
PS. For anyone who doesn’t know once the sotol blooms, it’s going to die. RIP favorite plant.
Edit. I just did research and see that unlike with Lecheguilla and some of the other plants the sotol is not going to die after blooming. Yay!!!

2 Likes

9 Likes

Since I am not sad now that it will soon die after it blooms, I decided to share the bloom. It has grown this much in about a week… about ten feet so far.

10 Likes

She’s a wild one

15 Likes

I love this one.

2 Likes

It’s the life cycle and it also shows that it has been very happy in its life. I hope you can find some solace in that.

3 Likes

Internet says sotols don’t die. Says it’s like asparagus. The lechuguilla and lots of others do die. Holding my fingers crossed. Nice words of solace, thanks.

1 Like

I have to admit, I’m not a plant person…But that’s cool.

2 Likes

Oh good. Fingers crossed for you.

2 Likes