People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

Update on the Avocado:

And the Mango is starting to root too:

It’s a boy :blush:

14 Likes

11 Likes

Omg those globe lights in your greenhouse :heart_eyes: That space is really coming together. How are they powered?

1 Like

Thank you :blush:
They’re solar! I use solar any chance I can get

Out there watching baseball in the evenings from about 6pm - 8pm…paradise

2 Likes

Repotted two agave that I grew from pups into their big girl pots. Both growing fast now!

Also - “King Henry” venus fly trap.
Used to be disinterested in carnivorous plants, they’re a bit of work - but now that I have the perfect grow spot (and a few houseflies each day), I figure I’d give 'em a shot. Plus I enjoyed setting up arrangements like this for customers, so I wanted one for myself.

Snake plant got the bump to my guest area, it doesn’t need nearly as much light as these four.

12 Likes

An update from my Avocado pit:

She is becoming a little plant now, cute!

I also put a Mango pit into the water and she is sprouting as well:

It’s interesting to see they sproud at such different ways. The Avocado from above and the Mango from beneath.
:green_heart:

9 Likes

Maybe you put it in the glass roots upwards sprout downwards?

3 Likes

Maybe! But it finds it’s way anyhow!

9 Likes

actually seem to come from the same end! fascinating!

3 Likes

My sweet air cleaning plant. Low maintenance and happy to be part of our school. Had her for almost 5 years and just keeps sprouting!

11 Likes

I love watching this Aglaomena (aka Chinese Evergreen) grow! Peace lily-like flowers are fun, too.

10 Likes

I’m not sure this beast can wait to be upgraded a pot size!

9 Likes

I didn’t wanna jinx this so I have been silent and skeptical (this one has never bloomed, at least a dozen aborted buds over ~1.5 yrs).

But YO
I might have something amazing on my hands in the morning! :crossed_fingers:

It’s not La Gordita btw. Same species, just a different variation. Coincidentally this one has a name, too, which only a handful in my collection do.
Its name is Kermit The Frog’s Butthole (henceforth, KTFB)

10 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Where do you come up with these names? It’s looking beautiful - :crossed_fingers: for flowers soon

1 Like

She’ll always be a La Gordita to me. :wink: Beauty!

3 Likes

Lol it needs to be immediate and organic. If the name doesn’t come to me quickly and without much thought, then there is no name to give

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl: love how your mind works…i dont see it but now will forever associate ths plant with Kermit the Frogs butthole :sweat_smile:

1 Like

These are my house plants…realized ive only been showing love to my succulents in this site🤔

15 Likes

14 Likes

More greenhouse happenings

My T. Geometricus is growing a third new segment!

Not to be left out of the party, La Gordita has 3 flowers brewing. Never had multiples at once bloom. Perhaps this morning’s double bloom will be a good omen for her.

This one always blooms

13 Likes