People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

Almost all the way open.

16 Likes

Butt Watch

Gordita Watch

And I was thinking to myself, I always post the pretty stuff. So here’s the ugly:

I have NO clue what the hell the deal is with this conophytum. Too much water? Not enough? Treat it just like my other conos and they’re thriving.
Could be normal for all I know. It just never came back from the initial repot stress like the others. It’s not mush, still quite firm, so just trusting nature and seeing what happens. I’ve accepted the death possibility at this point!

Remember my freshly-potted lovely dense mat of baby toes?
Yeah not so dense these days. Looks like 1, maybe 2, have made it and there’s some healthy new growth…so again, wait and see.

And now back to the pretty stuff because I love my greenhouse

17 Likes

Whoa, that pic is Awesome! :cactus:

1 Like

You have very nice looking butts :joy:

1 Like

The palm like plant in the greenhouse on the far left in the white pot. I think I have one of those. Do you know what it is called and what it likes? I found it one summer sitting on the curb.

3 Likes

It’s a yucca palm/yucca cane

Generally like what most other desert plants like: plenty of bright light, well-draining medium, and water thoroughly then allow to dry out between waterings.

3 Likes

Whenever I see pics of your butts, the chorus to baby got back starts playing in my head.
:musical_note: I like big butts and I cannot lie :musical_note:
Thanks for the earworm! :joy:

6 Likes

Note to self: Read Amazon description carefully.

I meant to order ONE small bag and looks like I ordered a TWO pack. :rofl: Welp, looks like I’m getting more succulents this summer. :woman_shrugging:t4:

7 Likes

Crossed off a plant near the top of my “want list”, pachypodium brevicaule. Succulent native to Madagascar, like other pachypodiums.

I got a great review at work yesterday, got my expected bonus, and a raise 3x what I was anticipating. Capped the day with a self-prezzy.

Here’s what they look like in habitat/mature

pachbrev-2386-edit

https://www.llifle.com/Encyclopedia/SUCCULENTS/Family/Apocynaceae/11689/Pachypodium_brevicaule

10 Likes

Gorgeous photos!

1 Like

Wow dude that things crazy. Like a pretty ginger root.

1 Like

@TMAC is a magician. I’m pretty sure :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I repotted my Butts today in Succulent potting mix (@TMAC was right, they came in crap soil). 3 didn’t have roots :confused: I planted them anyway :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

They look like space candy :lollipop::milky_way:

3 Likes

My favorite time of the year!!

3 Likes

This is rad.
Gordita 4-EVAH!! 🫶🏼
That’s my Boston 80s forever spelling.

2 Likes

We’re now past the bud stage and we have liftoff. This is when things start happening fast. Best guess, flowers open in 7-10 days. I’m guessing March 14. Whole collection got their first deep watering of the season on Friday, so that was likely a helpful boost.

And it does, in fact, appear we’ll be getting 2 simultaneous blooms.

She’s my marvelous, rotund lady.

11 Likes

Now I’m really exited. How often do you water them?

2 Likes

I purchased a little prayer plant. (Calathea Makoyana, peacock prayer). 2nd pic is last night, when the leaves closed up in prayer :pray:

14 Likes

Go Gordy goooooo!

2 Likes