People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

So beautifull! I like your home :star_struck: :seedling: :herb: :cactus:

1 Like

My Alocasia is growing so big! I have to start looking soon for a bigger apartment :rofl:

And again a new leaf is popping out soon.

9 Likes

Wow! Looks so healthy and lush! Gorgeous :heart_eyes: Thanks for the compliment. I like my home, too.

1 Like

I love when plants have stories! What a survivor!!!

1 Like

I love my babies!

13 Likes

Morning sunbeams in my Zen den. I love this Rex Begonia and Peperomia “baby rubber plant” Obtusifolia. Actually, I love all my babies, too!

7 Likes

My husband’s is huge too. I love them, they are so gorgeous!

8 Likes

What I did for five hours yesterday…

8 Likes

Good lord, what an absolute unit!

4 Likes

How exciting!!! Look at all the babies!

2 Likes

Thank you!!! Dart frogs are only poisonous in the wild due to their diet. Totally harmless in captivity.
I’ve in a small brick house with very little natural light so I do have several grow lights to compensate. I mainly water with my leftover aquarium water after I do water changes. In the summer with lots of new growth I use a diluted regular plant fertilizer from Home Depot!

2 Likes

Gotta a bit of a shock when l was scrolling down and read “My husband’s is huge too!”

I thought, look out! The mods ‘ll be straight onto that one!

Is that Elephants Ear? I didn’t think you could keep that inside, but why not l guess?!

2 Likes

Mmm,nice! Monstera Deliciosa,my dear?

1 Like

How fascinating!

I just thought frogs were either poisonous or not!

But l guess what they eat comes through their pores? so we can get poisoned by touching them maybe??

So what would a dart frog :frog: have to consume to become toxic to animals / humans??

1 Like

Yes, in retrospect my verbiage was not ideal. Lol

That is an Alocasia Dark Star. We got it almost a year ago, with three leaves that were about 24” tall. Needless to say she’s happy. Lol

2 Likes

Amazing and absolutely beautiful. Someday…it’s what I always tell my husband. You think I have lots of plants now? :rofl:

1 Like

Yes it is truly gorgeous. She got thrips and I was so scared she was going to die but we got rid of them fast and she’s done well. She is his order and joy for sure.

And I hear you on that…why do you think I’m opening a plant shop?? Lol Cause I needed to be able to take care of more plants! It feeds my soul, it’s so wonderful.

2 Likes

I wish I could come work in your shop for free!!!

You absolutely can come work for free! :grimacing: I got an extra room and everything. Lol

2 Likes

I might, just maybe, be able to get him on board with a short term internship LOL :nerd_face:

1 Like