People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

Just a few updates. Same plants, big growth. I will likely be snapping off the big arm of the Gryphon Begonia and starting it in water. It’s been dropping leaves and I think needs a bit of a restart.

I really need more space. I gave away a huge spider plant last week (sad but happy to find it a home) and my umbrella plant went to a good home a few weeks ago. I’m plotting and making room for new smaller plants though!

13 Likes

For the record I look at the photos of that plant often… she is a beauty.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl: I laughed a little too hard at this. She’s a little smart ass.

2 Likes

mmmmmmmmhm, not sure where she got that from. :wink:

3 Likes

Gone to seed as they say. But I am sure it smells divine!

3 Likes

I am not sure. Can you post a picture of what you mean?

This brings me joy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Also, I got connected to a plant lovers community here and will start selling propagated plants! I’m super excited!

1 Like

12 Likes

Ack!!! So exciting!!!

1 Like

Yeah but I don’t know if I should leave it?

No clue…why not?

I don’t know, I have never seen a plant grow a shoot from the center of its “leafy thing” ( haha sassy)
I guess just because the top of her head is pushed over now…she has to make way for a whole new tree.

2 Likes

Ooooh also I just got these:

When I get back from our trip I will be using these on the giant mother Hoya instead of the bamboo stakes I have in there. These are stackable and I am not quite sure what I’ll be doing. We shall see…

3 Likes

My instinct is usually to leave it (or leaf it…I’m such a nerd) and see what happens. You might end up with a whole new plant

2 Likes

I think you can leave it no problem. The leafy thing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: will be fine! If it gets hinky, then trim it, but I think it will be fine. Plants are resilient!

2 Likes

Beautiful plants!

Just going to drop this here incase anyone would find it useful.

:seedling::herb:

6 Likes

Twinning over here! I just saw this…

6 Likes

Haha so funny!!!

1 Like

I’m acquiring a baby variegated string of hearts today and am so excited! Can’t wait to show a photo.

2 Likes