People in Recovery and Plants! (Part 1)

My husband and I have actually just rearranged our main room (yes it’s a tiny house) to suit my plants. We swapped sides with the sofa and the table. I’m so excited for my new project: hanging a rod in front of the big window so I can hang several small plants there. Yay!

11 Likes

Hi:) I have just over 70 house plants!:):slight_smile:

6 Likes

Photos or it never happened!!!

:joy:

Welcome to the thread. :orange_heart:

@RosaCanDo
Love the idea of the rod… I might have to steal it. I am losing floor space quickly.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see your beauties!

5 Likes

Babies :heart::heart::heart:

You got TWO!!!

1 Like

One is for my Mami but I get to cultivate it till the next time. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

So my mint has flowered and now it seems it dearly wants to move from its pot. Any tips on how to accommodate this wish?

4 Likes

I think you could propogate those shoots and plant them once they have rooted!!!

It’s so fun!

3 Likes

@RosaCanDo this shoot is so happy to be growing from the top of the leafy thingy!!!

This shoot is doing well…

But this one seems stuck…

And I have TWO more pups on my palm!!!

7 Likes

Soooo exciting!!!

1 Like

Some old and new friends of mine. Finally found time to snap some photos to join this place! :green_heart::seedling:

15 Likes

That Christmas Cactus is enormous!!! All beautiful plants. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Happy little pineapple! :pineapple:

Blooming orchid…mixture of real and silk blooms. Hard to tell the difference. :slightly_smiling_face:

Very happy Salvia, just planted this season, so hoping for great things from these guys.

15 Likes

Sassy, you moved, right?! So starting your garden/planting again? It’s bittersweet to leave a garden behind but such a great experience cultivating a new one, in my opinion. Sending you some green thoughts!

2 Likes

Yes, we did move! So yes, we are starting from scratch (just bushes here, not my thing). We have 50 barefoot peonies, 50 naturalizing daylilies and 100 daffodil bulbs arriving this fall. We will intersperse with summer perennials (rudbeckias, Salvia, lavender, coneflowers) and keep it a simple cutting garden. We have been digging out bushes by the house and replanting them by the forest.

I was actually happy to let go 365 days a year Florida gardening…I look forward to a resting period again.

My hardest garden leaving was when we left our Vermont gardens that we had started from scratch…I had brought over my 25+ peonies, some iris and hens and chicks from my grandparents gardens and plants from friends all over New England. Sigh…those were incredible gardens and a ton of work. Hopefully we will be less ambitious this time around, :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: trying to keep it more simple, but still have lots of fresh flowers.

Thanks for thinking of me and my gardens! :slightly_smiling_face::heart:

8 Likes

What???
The mixture is crafty!!!

And the pineapple is adorable!
:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Welcome to the jungle.
:seedling::herb::heart:

2 Likes

Haha yeah he’s a big boi. :joy: I properly cut him back a few years ago and it did him good. I always try and keep him like bushy and “up”, as I find those specimen with the droopy leaves so sad. He’s a sight.

Thanks for having me, all!

3 Likes

By comparison here is my two year old that started from a cutting from a friend of mine.

5 Likes