People in Recovery and Plants!

The best kind in my opinion!!!

3 Likes

GUYS!!! It’s not dead and some tomatoes are already starting :confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball:

15 Likes

My tomatoe plants look like baby stalks compared to yours :rofl:

11 Likes

Full disclosure I got it like this from home depot. I don’t have the skills to go from a seed. I guess I could say I don’t have the skills yet :thinking: I never learned how to grow them from seeds. I don’t even know where to start with that

4 Likes

This is my second year trying, I started them off late this year. I’m glad I’m giving it a go. The best way to learn is by giving it ago and learn from mistakes.
Last year I had one tomatoe plant and everytime a tomatoe grew I ate it :rofl:
It’s a good plant you got from Home Depot, I’m happy it has some tomatoes growing for you :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Time to transition to this thread! You’re doing it!

2 Likes

Update on my dragonscale alocasia, growing like a weed.
I’m genuinely starting to get concerned where I can put it once it gets too big for under the skylight (it will be a sad day indeed…but also a bit of pride)

The new big leaf coming in has developed with a hole in it :rage: not sure why. No bugs etc. Might just cut it, there’s like 6 other leaves in the works anyhow.

A few pics from the greenhouse

EDIT:
I was just going to trim that leaf and a few others - only to discover this. Not sure if it’s a flower or new leaf or what. Don’t want to disturb either way. So, hole leaf stays as does another I was gonna chop. Same base.
Perhaps the hole will become to that leaf what Cindy Crawford’s mole was to her face :hugs:

I did cut this one, though. Let’s take a moment to appreciate it, and some other (still attached) leaves.

12 Likes

Aaaaaaand update, 10 days later plants + kitties =

13 Likes

Oh no…them bad bad kitties…can you save the plants?

2 Likes

@TMAC Beautiful! I learned to accept little flaws in my houseplants just for that reason - sometimes you will be surprised! And I think these leaves last a long time in water just to look pretty in a nook somewhere.

@TrustyBird How tragic! I have so many plants I cherish that it makes me nervous to possibly get a cat…:grimacing:

3 Likes

I scooped it right back into its pot and replaced the tin foil. I think it will live but I’ll probably have to rescue it again. They tried to play in the dirt as I cleaned it.

@RosaCanDo our older kitty had no interest in destruction. These guys came from outdoors at 8 weeks so I might have to be a little more patient. There is no way to tell them that indoor dirt is sacred while outdoor dirt was fine for digging.

4 Likes

That’s good to know. And something I’ve been thinking about, too, with kittens vs. cats. I’ve been considering adopting an adult/senior cat so that could work…

3 Likes

Kittens have been fun for us but we only really picked them because they were living outside. I see you with a sweet senior kitty for lap time cuddles in your new home. How is Lupe with cats?

3 Likes

She grew up with two cats in her younger years and it helped that we got Lupe as a puppy and introduced her to my big tom cat who ruled the roost. When she sees stray cats or outdoor cats now she barks a lot but we had one encounter where she came nose to nose and seemed to just want to make friends. I’m hopeful! But it’s also a bit daunting to introduce a new animal right after making a big change in living situation. We’re still discussing it. I just love kitties!

4 Likes

Settle in to your new place and then you can decide. There will always be plenty of kitties. :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Yes! And so I don’t have to derail this: :rofl:

IMG_3549

IMG_3548

My Búho kitty had a bad habit of laying on plants in pots AND the garden :woman_facepalming:t2: That one was toast! I left the pot there for him to lay in and he didn’t mess with any other houseplants.

13 Likes

Thats adorable- what a good mommy.

1 Like

She comin’

9 Likes

12 Likes

Been reporting and rearranging of late.

14 Likes