Gardening In Recovery

Gardening is my passion. I love to plant and eat what I grow. It gives me such satisfaction that I nursed something well enough to feed my family. Who else is with me? What do you grow?

75 Likes

Just moved into our new house in September. Now that things are settled, can’t wait to get my garden going come springtime. I plan on growing: cilantro, green onions, parsley, jalapeño, bell pepper, maybe try growing onion and garlic, blueberries, potato. Also plenty of non-edible plants/flowers.

Will also have tons of cacti and succulents on the deck. Need to be able to get them indoors when it rains. Not the right climate here to grow them in the ground.

What about yourself?

7 Likes

I repotted and watered this. It grew itself, though.

25 Likes

I typically grow peppers and tomatoes anything that will make salsa. But this year I’m gonna try my hand at berries. I also do alot of herbs that I make into soaps and bath bombs. (Lavender…mint… etc) we also have three banana trees but I think the frost may have killed em. We shall see. Oooh and I wanna try carrots! :smile:

7 Likes

I am so ready for spring! I grow a bunch of different herbs, native and non native, peppers, tomatoes, kale, lettuce, ect. Also grow lots of flowers !

To keep my green thumb happy, during winter i tend to my 40+ houseplants!

4 Likes

Here! This is my early spinach and lettuce. I don’t have a lot of room for a proper garden, but I mix edible plants in my front yard flower bed. It’s almost time to prep the soil for this year’s planting!

11 Likes

Every year I grow a variety of cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, beets (red, golden, and chioga), sweet peas, green beans, kale, and rainbow Swiss chard.

Sadly last year my garden was a giant bust. Nothing would ripen. I had a million tomatoes start but would either never ripen or get eaten before I got there. My green bean plants grew and grew and grew but only a handful of beans. My carrots and beets all got eaten by the bunnies just as they sprouted. It was a terrible year.

I basically got to harvest the kale and Swiss chard. At least they are my favourites. I love a sandwich just filled with greens.

9 Likes

Hubby does the flower garden.

Im excited to grow this year. Currently we’re getting more snow dumped on us today though.

3 Likes

Oh no. :frowning: That’s no good :frowning:

1 Like

15 Likes

Spring is here in Florida, all the trees, bushes and plants have new growth…very green and pretty. Our hibiscus, camellias, honeysuckle, bougainvillea, azaleas and other plants are blooming.

We have a large cherry tomato plant which is producing yummy yellow tomatoes. Once it stops producing, I will cut it down and in a month or so another plant will start nearby…it is a self seeder.

The tomato and a rosemary are the only edibles we grow…all else are non edible plants…lots and lots of tropicals. We have q huge deer population, so they would eat anything we planted.

6 Likes

29 Likes

Woah!! So pretty!!! :two_hearts::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Thanks! I love my David Austin roses and hydrangea. Then there are the peonies and rhodies… And that isn’t even the veg!

5 Likes

We are still subzero for at least the next 10 days. So, I am not getting too excited. I grown cukes, toms, all types of peppers, beans, etc. I have always had a very small area but this year, I have a large space at my house. I am looking forward to expanding!

4 Likes

Soon winter will be gone and I’ll be back to this:

34 Likes

That’s so awesome!! Jealous!!!

3 Likes

Thanks, I spend most of my summer outside tending to the yard and my plants. I love it!

7 Likes

I have such garden envy.

2 Likes