People in Recovery and Plants!

Here’s a story that illustrates the family dynamic quite well. My mum’s always giving me seedlings and plants (and I give her some in return) which is a lovely family tradition. I usually repot her gifts right away as the soil is not very good looking to me. It’s often a bit gritty for some reason. Anyway, she gave me three potted chilli plants and it came with the instruction that it was a plant for each of us and we could have a competition to see who’s plant grew the best and had the most chillis. I repotted the three plants into one big pot just to take the element of competition out of it. My mum is forever amazed at how well my plants grow and I’m sure it’s because I don’t do it as a competition, I try to do the best for each plant.

13 Likes

I love my adorable little rose plant!

11 Likes

Update! I’ll be moving to larger pots ASAP!

13 Likes

Monkey has a new home

Think she is happy… It is a species that also climbs! Excited to watch her proceeding.

:seedling::monkey:

11 Likes

Unlinke @Salty I rather not compare myself to my orchid, because this shrivelled poor thing is clearly clinically depressed :frowning_with_open_mouth:

11 Likes

Happy with my balcony

13 Likes

I lead mine up to a moss pole, my son made me one. You will find lot’s of “how to do it” on Insta ore tik tok :sunglasses:

11 Likes

All my babies got a shower tonight to wash off dust and a good soaking. I don’t have good spots for them yet so they’ll go back on a folding table in a spare room for now. Can’t wait to find them their new homes.

9 Likes

I’m sure I will be rearranging my plants for a long time until I figure out good homes for everyone. Here’s a start, though. We will be hanging a pole in front of the picture window to hang plants from and I’m so excited about that!!! @TMAC

8 Likes

No idea who put an acorn into the pot where my bay leaf plant resides. Anyway, I dug out and rehomed the little oak tree that came out. Let’s see if it will survive.

8 Likes

Cute! You could have a bonsai oak tree!

1 Like

They look beautiful and happy in the new space. What’s up with the little one with the trellises? It looks like a little bonsai itself, it’s intriguing.

2 Likes

Oooh, Mno, it’s such a cute little oak!

2 Likes

That’s a Gryphon Begonia that my dog chewed on and it got a bit frail, needed some supports to keep it upright and out of her reach, too. She chews on certain plants when she’s anxious, especially in the wintertime when she doesn’t have access to grass to chew on outside. I found these little bamboo trellises and like how they look.

6 Likes

Here is the bloom six days later still reaching for the sky through very hot and sunny, mostly 100F plus and one 109F degree day and an awful windstorm that thankfully did not break the bloom! It is getting taller not sure how tall it is… 12 feet?

11 Likes

Amazing!!!

2 Likes

Jacob’s ladder on my balcony. I like.

8 Likes

3rd segment of the season coming along, and I think I may have a 4th brewing.

11 Likes

I caught a fly (alive, as it needs to be) and fed it to a friend!

Pretty stoked actually :smile:

And outside

10 Likes

First time my obregonia denegrii has bloomed :slight_smile:

Endangered in the wild, endemic to a very small part of México.

11 Likes