People in Recovery and Plants!

I Love Nature…

All things nature… she is my higher power and I have filled my home with as much of her during the last 17 months as possible. Nurturing house plants has become part of my daily recovery routine. I didn’t know it until after I had started but it’s a “thing”.

Do you love house plants???
:herb::seedling:
Propagating, replanting, supporting your friends?
Let’s share tips, secrets and things we have learned on this thread. I am not an expert by any means just a passionate lover of plants!!!

14 Likes

I have loooots of plants in my house :see_no_evil: :grinning:

1 Like

The top photo is a cutting I am propagating right now and the bottom photo is a few cuttings that I had propagated that have taken off!!! Wooohoooo…
Love these little philodendrons so easy to multiply lol. :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I have a palm that I have had for 20 years. I will try to find a photo of it from before and then will take a recent on. It’s crazy. What’s your favorite house plants you have?

1 Like

Ohh wow, cool! I have a few I like specialy, but not sure if the english terms are rigth, only know the name we use here, but lets try. Coleus, Monstera and Monstera monkey mask :grinning: And I also love orchids, some og the ones I have is 10 years old.

2 Likes

Wow orchids are hard to keep good job!!!

@manishc
How is your plant doing???

1 Like

Actually I think they are one of the more easy to keep :see_no_evil: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lol I guess if you don’t move them and only use icecubes to water them. :crazy_face:

I have them in the same they Come with and water them some time once a week, other time 3-4 weeks between :see_no_evil:

1 Like

We have a few aloe and bamboo plants. But I’m one to forget to feed them lol

3 Likes

Big plant fan!! My orchids have had a great season. Not sure I can keep them going thru a North Carolina winter, but we will see! Hoping the succulents make it as well. I know it will be tough for the tillandsias too.

9 Likes

Rooting in water is fantastic! You can try that with your corn plant as well! Edited to add…it may help it bush out a bit as well if it gets a trim of that top. :smile:

1 Like

Ugh I love rooting in water…

So this is my ponytail palm… I have had it for 20+ years, I bought it when I was in active addiction on meth. ( not sure how it survived) . Anyways he has been going crazy with new growth!!! First he sprouted this new little gem… and then today as I was cleaning him up I noticed all these little buds at the bottom!!!

9 Likes

Which one is the corn plant?

Gorgeous :heart_eyes:

1 Like

The last one you posted. In Florida we could just trim them and stuff it in the ground and they would grow. Non tropical locations, not so much. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s exciting!

1 Like

Ok, so cut the top?? Ah!!! Really? I’m concerned I don’t know what I’m doing…

1 Like

This may help!!

1 Like