People in Recovery and Plants!

I Love Nature…

All things nature… she is my higher power and I have filled my home with as much of her during the last 17 months as possible. Nurturing house plants has become part of my daily recovery routine. I didn’t know it until after I had started but it’s a “thing”.

Do you love house plants???
:herb::seedling:
Propagating, replanting, supporting your friends?
Let’s share tips, secrets and things we have learned on this thread. I am not an expert by any means just a passionate lover of plants!!!

71 Likes

I have loooots of plants in my house :see_no_evil: :grinning:

5 Likes

The top photo is a cutting I am propagating right now and the bottom photo is a few cuttings that I had propagated that have taken off!!! Wooohoooo…
Love these little philodendrons so easy to multiply lol. :heart_eyes:

29 Likes

I have a palm that I have had for 20 years. I will try to find a photo of it from before and then will take a recent on. It’s crazy. What’s your favorite house plants you have?

3 Likes

Ohh wow, cool! I have a few I like specialy, but not sure if the english terms are rigth, only know the name we use here, but lets try. Coleus, Monstera and Monstera monkey mask :grinning: And I also love orchids, some og the ones I have is 10 years old.

2 Likes

Wow orchids are hard to keep good job!!!

@manishc
How is your plant doing???

2 Likes

Actually I think they are one of the more easy to keep :see_no_evil: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Lol I guess if you don’t move them and only use icecubes to water them. :crazy_face:

I have them in the same they Come with and water them some time once a week, other time 3-4 weeks between :see_no_evil:

1 Like

We have a few aloe and bamboo plants. But I’m one to forget to feed them lol

3 Likes

Big plant fan!! My orchids have had a great season. Not sure I can keep them going thru a North Carolina winter, but we will see! Hoping the succulents make it as well. I know it will be tough for the tillandsias too.

24 Likes

Rooting in water is fantastic! You can try that with your corn plant as well! Edited to add…it may help it bush out a bit as well if it gets a trim of that top. :smile:

1 Like

Ugh I love rooting in water…

So this is my ponytail palm… I have had it for 20+ years, I bought it when I was in active addiction on meth. ( not sure how it survived) . Anyways he has been going crazy with new growth!!! First he sprouted this new little gem… and then today as I was cleaning him up I noticed all these little buds at the bottom!!!

23 Likes

The last one you posted. In Florida we could just trim them and stuff it in the ground and they would grow. Non tropical locations, not so much. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s exciting!

1 Like

This may help!!

2 Likes

I love your projects. As far as I see my tiny plant projects here, I made it to: 1000 different ways of how to kill a plant. Newest one: chilly got sunburn. :flushed:

4 Likes

This Is my Avocado plant :avocado:

18 Likes

Thanks for asking. It’s doing well. It’s got 4 new leaves. My kittens attacked it a few weeks ago and damaged a couple of leaves, but it’s a fighter. It’s recovered. Now the kittens are banned from my room.

3 Likes