People in Recovery and Plants!

Whoa, you’re the orchid whisperer!!!

2 Likes

I got a quad leaf!!!

Oh and I put her sister on a long coconut support.

13 Likes

Ah man that sucks! Bad clay I guess.

1 Like

I think I need to do this with mine.

1 Like

Thanks Stella. They’re pretty easy although I did just shock one and kill it by watering it too soon. I find if they have morning light and I only water when the bark feels dry they are happy and they bloom every year.

3 Likes

How’s the balcony? Any new blooms?

Beautiful!

My orchids never bloom again. I am usually great with plants but orchids are my nemesis! Curses! :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

I can’t get out there to check :pensive:

I was afraid of that :cry:

I love the planter in the top photo😍.

So if it’s on my balcony should it go under gardening? Not sure. So will put this here. It all looks a bit scruffy, but I’m proud of the lemon verbena, mint, laurel, sage and rosemary for surviving winter out there without any care from me. Promise to keep an eye on 'm again and give 'm some TLC too.

9 Likes

I am not a regular visitor here. Yet, an update on the avocado I gave to my friend last year. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Finally out onto the balcony. Got my hand REALLY good though, lol…tweezed about 2 dozen spines out!

El Gordo, apparently not done for the season!

La Gordita also looking like she’s gonna sprout another!

The one which got me tonight
She needs a re-potting, she was just being assertive about reminding me.

@Runningfree I believe you said this one was your favorite, so updating. No open flowers yet but tge colors are nice. Awful out-of-focus shot, sorry! The wind was blowing the stalks around.

I have started calling these guys Bert & Ernie.
I’ve lost my damn mind.

11 Likes

Yay!! I’m happy you got out there. I’m sure it was good for the soul :blush: the stalks are gonna look so gorgeous once they start blooming!! The second to last picture is pretty :heart_eyes:
Random- it was windy here today too.

2 Likes

I moved a couple of my plants around. The aloe had been quite hidden before.

7 Likes

These are beauties

1 Like

It has been a hot minute… I bought a new baby.

Trailing jade…

7 Likes

Pretty! I’m getting the itch…but I’ll be satisfying with buying garden babies at the farmers market opening day on Saturday :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I tried to put my aloe outside, but it gets sunburned and turns purple! So it’s not on the uncovered part of the patio anymore… not sure why but it think it’s rather ironic and hilarious! hahah. Especially since it’s supposed to be a desert plant.