People in Recovery and Plants!

Haha this Monstera is going to be the death of me. I think that I am going to have to propagate it once this aerial root grows. The plant keeps growing out of its pots…

But look at the size of her latest leaf. :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Oh my! :heart_eyes: Wowzers

1 Like

My gut is telling me that I could just cut that stalk begind that loooong root and stick it into the dirt and the little bud would come out just fine but I would hate to damage that new leaf. I think patience is a virtue and my plants are teaching me that a lot lately. I have stopped trying to unfurl their leaves. Hahahaha.

2 Likes

Yes patience is one of the best things I’ve learned from my plants. But also how to really listen and pay attention. Sometimes it’s okay to take drastic measures and start over or whatever. I’ve learned to trust my intuition more. But I’d say you’re right to wait this one out! All sounds like contradictions a bit.

I seriously talk to this one about you and I believe she loves you.

She has four new leaves coming, her growth rate is out of this world. I actually am not sure what to do with her… do you know? She seems to be getting girth.

This begonia needs SO MUCH WATER. I water her twice as often as my other plants.

4 Likes

Oh my goddess she is gorgeous :heart_eyes: You just brought the biggest smile to my face!

They do need a lot of water. I have my giant Beefsteak begonia and a Gryphon that I almost killed when I transplanted but these babies are so easy to propagate. It keeps them healthier, I think, to trim and start new babies. I gave away so many this spring and it’s back to the same size again, the beefsteak. The Gryphon is recovering well. I think with my Rex I didn’t water enough and it was in the wrong kind of soil. It was a rescue operation, too, so just didn’t work out.

5 Likes

We have the biggest, gnarliest monstera I have ever seen in person at the shop I just started at. I’ll post a pic next time I’m in there.

3 Likes

Oh myyyyyyyy look!

3o6ZtdVxPKVu1tq8Fi

11 Likes

WHAT. What!!!

2 Likes

I know right??? I just Google it…

2 Likes

I have read about these flowering for a while and it boggles my mind! I am so happy yours is doing the thing!!! Amazing.

1 Like

Plant family

10 Likes

Ginseng Ficus

10 Likes

You have a beautiful family, T :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

My string of hearts propagation experiment and my patience is finally paying off! I transplanted four babies with sturdy roots and a couple even have their new strings starting to grow! So pleased!

10 Likes

Ooh cutie.

1 Like

Oh i see so cuuuute! Well done mumma.

1 Like

This thing was inside dying. Put it outside and it got water soaked by rain instead of spritzed, and full sun basically, and look at that, thriving.

11 Likes

My quarterly plant subscription arrived yesterday. I took it out when I first quit drinking as a reward, and it really does keep me going.

10 Likes

I love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I have a Triostar Stromanthe also that’s one of my favorites.

Edit to say my plant collection definitely helps keep me on the right path!

3 Likes