Perks of my new internship

Hey yall! So I told you guys about how I have a lot of things coming up for instance, internship, a new job and school. Well I started my internship and boy it was a kick in the ass! A nice ass kick! I will be working in a substance abuse program with students, helping out with a food pantry, and getting some experience in marketing! After yesterday I felt a tiny spark inside me that I haven’t felt since I was sober in 2022 for a year. I think that relapsing was the best thing that could have happened to me. It lead me to where I am right now and it’s only been 5 DAYS! I started to attend AA meetings online and I don’t know how I feel about it yet, but I am not giving up. Another important thing that happened to me yesterday was I had to introduce myself to a group of students and I told them how I struggle with mental health and alcoholism. Is felt great to not feel like a closeted drunk anymore. It felt good to say it out loud… and if you know me my biggest fear is public speaking… so doing that I showed myself that this can actually be possible and it was a HUGE step for me. Thanks for listening yall! Stay sober :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

7 Likes

What a great story :clap: it was pleasure to read it. Wish all the best :smiling_face::smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you very much

1 Like