Pet pics! #6

Her name is Mae. She’s my certified therapy dog for PTSD and today is actually her birthday, she’s 7. From what I understand, I’m still waiting for the vet to call me, so it’s not much (when they told me friday I was in such shock I literally asked nothing) the tumor has to be removed but they won’t know prognosis until they test it. These types of tumors itch because it draws the histamine out of the body, it’s not a fatty tumor like a lump, it literally looks like a bite of some kind so they talked a lot about margins, I’m hoping I get the news that surgery was sufficient, because if it’s not and it’s spread, it’s just not good. I truly appreciate the heads up on what to expect because at this moment I truly know nothing. I just need her to be ok. Everyone in my life keeps saying they are worried for me if something happens to her and so am I. I depend on her I really do, I’m sure so much it’s not healthy but that’s my reality and I can’t lose her now, I just got better :pleading_face:

8 Likes

Happy birthday!! :tada::balloon:

2 Likes

Aww Mae.
How nice.
They didn’t get all of Minnie’s margins the first time. We were so upset. :sob: and we had to put her through it again after she healed up six weeks later. Well as you can imagine we didn’t want to do that to her AGAIN. But we did. And because when they stitched her up and pull everything together they were :100: confident that they got all the margins the second time. She was about 12. Such a trooper. And she lived to be 16 and a half. We just lost her last August. Old girl went above and beyond.

It’s very stressful on you I’m sure. She will do her best to get through this with you. And if they have to go in again so be it. I hope your outcome comes out as good as ours did.

Have you Google suitical surgery suit RECOVERY SUIT® DOG - Suitical

It worked really good for us. Depending where Mae’s surgery is. Minnie would not move if she had a cone on. I mean seriously she would move a muscle with a cone on. So we got her these Suitical Recovery suits. They worked great for her.

Keep us posted.
I pray all will work out for you and your precious pup
:pray::heart:

18 Likes

Minnie is a gorgeous dog :heart: I’m sorry for your loss. I cannot tell you how helpful and in a way reassuring to me you have been in your responses, guidance and kind words. I am so very grateful you saw my post :two_hearts:

6 Likes

He called shotgun today

24 Likes

happy 2nd birthday to your pup :birthday: :partying_face:
OPHS

5 Likes

Oh love your baby girl is so beautiful. Happy 7th birthday Mae :heart: :birthday:
I am sending much love, comfort and healing vibes her way. May her recovery be comfortable and pain free.
OIP

4 Likes

Thank you so much Jaz, your kind words and healing vibes mean a lot. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

27 Likes

I think I would leave the house more often just so I could come home to this. That face is pure joy. 🩷

4 Likes

A couple months back we added a minature dachshund to our pack. As if the house wasn’t chaotic enough!

25 Likes

Rocky’s current position :blue_heart:

24 Likes

23 Likes

“If you can lift a 35lb kettlebell, surely you can lift 35lbs of food right into my bowl”

5 Likes

Interesting random fun fact…. I think Fox has ocd or something :joy: He refuses to eat food unless his bowl is to the left of the water bowl. There is a bowl on each side and the one on the right will be completely full but he lays in front of the one to the left and will paw at it until I fill it up

8 Likes

The old girl won’t back down. Nor should she.

22 Likes

Warm kitty sunshine bellies make me smile!

6 Likes

Boscosito is sooo fuzzy

20 Likes

I bet he is so happy to see you. :dog:

3 Likes

I love :heart: it :heart: Boscosito :heart: :smiley:
It’s so good to see him.
Maybe one day we can get a Boscosita :wink:

2 Likes