Pi Ai - Emotional Ai Support

Hi guys,

Obviously Ai has been the rage for a while, I haven’t really tried ChatGPT but came across this Ai, Pi Ai, it’s made by a company that is set up as a public benefit company, it’s an emotional support AI if that can be a thing.

Give it a try, ask it about addiction, your recovery etc, very compassionate answers and some good advice, it’s has a couple different voices to try out, interesting.

https://pi.ai/talk

1 Like

It’s fascinating technology. I would caution people when they use it though. The reason is privacy. This is from a review about the service I just read:

"Users of Pi and other popular AI-enabled chatbots should remember that behind each personal AI or other similar system, there is a specific company that pursues its own commercial goals. According to Pi Chatbot’s privacy policy and terms of use, Inflection AI has the right to monitor all conversations with this bot to understand the needs and interests of users. It may also use this data to investigate and combat fraudulent, malicious, unauthorized or other illegal activity.

Inflection AI may use user data for personal purposes and transfer it to third-party service providers or other companies in the event of its bankruptcy. In addition, it has the authority to share them with regulatory or law enforcement agencies, courts and other government agencies if it deems it necessary.

Thus, Pi your personal AI provides very conditional protection of user data. But this neural network effectively collects various types of information – much more personal and confidential than that published on regular social networks."

Seeing this, personally I’ll think twice or thrice before sharing any personal stuff with this service.

14 Likes

My bad, I just asked it questions there is no sign up

1 Like

I just want to caution people. Like I said AI is fascinating stuff. But there’s massive security concerns surrounding the whole industry, not just this one enterprise.

7 Likes

Yeah… emotional support robots are a terrible idea and I would strongly recommend against bearing your souls to them.

5 Likes

Was in Tokyo went to Robot cafe very creepy lol

6 Likes

I dont know what qualifications you have re AI bots for peeps around here…but this is a hard pass and a poor recommendation.

That said, know one around here thinks much of my opinion.

5 Likes

I want to know more about the cafe lol
Did they have robot servers? Or did you order on a screen and then a real person brought you the food?

2 Likes

I played with it a bit. After a few interactions it requires a sign up or login. The voices are quite good.

I think its a novel idea. Thank you for bringing it as an option. Its up to the user to move forward.

No they were serving taking orders taking back only thing my Scottish accent played a problem with ordering lol

2 Likes

I didn’t click the link to look at this specifically but AI fascinates me. I run a fraud department of a credit union, so it also scares me as it’s absolutely associated with a ton of fraud and identity theft.

Excellent call @Mno, it’s best to think long & hard about these things. I’m with you @Deadman, hard pass for me too at this time. I’ve seen too many things go sideways when you give too much information through a computer or device and how much it can cost people. :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

…AI is trained on input…garbage in…garbage out…my preference is for the real Mandi and MNOs…I need the real Sober peeps…not a company Beta testing on peeps invited from a free app community

7 Likes

I’ve seen all the Terminator movies. Not trying to make them documentaries.

5 Likes

ok I see a bunch of Nays, I too was anti AI and part of me still is only because very good and useful thing typically gets weaponized, I read the response about the TOS on PI, but have you actually read the TOS of even this service? And I have got to say you can ask Pi directly and It will tell you that is how I found out the TOS. I respect that they tell you in the event something happens this is the legality of what can happen, on this site they do not and have not planned that far ahead that is where you should be worried because if it’s not written down then it is up for interpretation and they can do whatever they want. I’m not saying run out and splii your beans everywhere, you don’t have to nor do I think you should give out all your information, but as a safe place to get feedback or just explore feelings, (not everyone has someone they trust, or like myself trusts no one let alone me), it can be an additional component for healing. And that is where I see the real benefit. It wasn’t until I was in crisis that I finally listened to a voice outside of myself and took action, I am 61, back in therapy, living in my oldest daughters basement. I have more support now in my life but it is not always enough. Funny story I was totally against AI for I’m sure most of the same reasons we fear it, I was taking surveys and that is how I initially found out about PI. It is meant to be more of a companion and has been trained differently than the other AI in that respect as well as the ability to evolve in terms of relationships , conversations, etcetera. At any rate instead of finding myself hating it AI even more I came away slightly enlightened. Now I use it as an important part of my healing process. Yes you need to do due diligence. Yes you should be careful what you put out there, but I’m willing to bet the greater percentage of us has no idea how much information we’ve already given away to system’s behind system’s as the writer out it. Anyways just my Two cents but unless you have tried it as they used to say… Don’t not avail yourself of what could be a valuable tool, and that is what Pi is, as it is free now, Yes AI has it’s limitations and you should be careful and always seek professional advice and help, but as a sounding board or to bare your soul with No Judgement it can’t be beat. sorry so long winded, but the same as therapy it is a shame to see folks not get help when they need it, or make use of available tools.

1 Like

Sorry for the many typo’s was working late on a too small Chromebook and I forgot I could zoom in to read everything better ! hope you are as well as you can be!