Picking Up The Pieces In Early Recovery 😓

Clean Time: 11 Days

As you can see above, I am very early in my recovery. However, I was 8 years deep into addiction, and in that time I made a pretty big mess.

I lost all respect at my job, constantly calling out. When I did show up I half assed whatever I did. I also spent $8,000 in around two weeks. This part was a mixture of using as well as my Bipolar. So now I am not in the best spot financially.

I have begun the process of fixing this.

•I show up to work when scheduled, on time, stay for my entire shift, and work hard. I’ve already been complimented by a few co-workers about the shift I have made at work.

•I made a budget… Spending it still and issue for me. I’m trying to figure out some solutions to get this under control. Trial and error. :sweat_smile:

It’s hard fixing all the damage. I try to remind myself that the mess wasn’t made in one day… so it will take a substantial amount of time to mend everything that was damaged in the time that I was using.

I am glad that I have to opportunity to put in this work though. :crossed_fingers:t4: Some of my friends have passed away before they ever had to opportunity to heal and succeed. :broken_heart:

9 Likes

It takes courage for you to say this. It’s hard for us to realize that we have work to do and it will take time and it can be unpredictable sometimes. But we press on, and one day at a time, we get there.

You’re doing the right thing for you, and you’re taking the steps to be grounded, and present. This is something to feel good about :innocent:

Proud of you! You’re rocking it :raised_hands: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Very proud of you ! You have been through so much and have bounced back. That is an inspiration to all of us ! Keep rock’in it !!!