Picking up the pieces

Last weekend I relapsed again cause I thought I could just drink I was doing well with it at first in till problems with my ex partner then she stop me from seeing my daughter so I ended up taking Coke cause I was pissed and angry yet again like some of use on here to me I’ll just go back to it and use was right now I’ve woken up and realise I just need to lay off everything for good that’s why ive not bin online for a while cause I let myself down but I’ve bin sober for 3days and back at the gym

3 Likes

You’re putting yourself through a vicious cycle that’s gonna get worse mentally and physically my dude.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but what you’ve been doing doesn’t seem to be working, I’d suggest a more actionable program like SMART recovery or AA and the like. A bigger support network of sober people has tremendous effects in my experience.

2 Likes

Thank you mate no your right I just need to stay focused and just realise it’s not worth it am a lot happy when I’ve bin sober for a while was pretty ashamed of myself but this time am stopping for good

Dust yourself off and try again. Just this time do it differently! What are you willing to do to stay sober? If nothing changes, nothing changes. You can do this!

1 Like

Don’t worry I will do I feel so much happier today and I’ve bin thinking today if I need a beer just have an non alcoholic one am glad it happened to make realise do I want feel unhappy and ashamed of myself or happy positive and a much better person am going with option two :innocent:

I have found that these just make me want a real one. I tasted it, and my brain said “Where’s the payoff? Go get some real beer. You are a grown man, a veteran, and this is 'merica. I can drink a beer if I want”…which then proceeded along a predictable pattern.

Don’t just change the obvious. Change a whole bunch of things.

The whole point of being in recovery is to not need a beer. If you don’t change the behavior that leads to needing a beer, then eventually you will drink again.

The only things you actually need in life: air, water, food and shelter. Some may argue love and companionship as well.

No it’s not the @Yoda-Stevie I don’t even like the feeling of getting drunk no more it’s disgusting but I get what you mean just cut it out completely cause that’s what I’ve done with cigs cause e cig,lozenges etc are just getting you hooked on something else which is pointless @Englishd you totally right that is all we do need thank you guys use are a big help :innocent:

1 Like