Pink fluffy cloud or dark grey cloud?

Hey thought id post my morning update
Still sober…made it to day 8 for the first time in many years!!

Went to a meeting again yday and was surprised to hear someone say that their first 2months of sobriety have been like a big pink fluffy cloud… To me its been a very dark miserable cloud…but worth it i know

Im still waking up each morning with severe anxiety and partial cravings… Now im not sure and still havent worked out if im craving a drink or im craving something to calm me down i really believe its craving something to calm me down.

Im literally taking it every 30mins at a time at the moment its the only way i can see through this. Im going back into the office today so that maybe partly why my anxiety is sky high

Was it a pink fluffy cloud for you or a dark grey or black cloud for you guys?

I know its worth it and in time to come i will start to feel slightly better about life… Its just riding these feelings it feels more like 8 weeks than 8 days

Hope your all staying strong

6 Likes

Keep it going!

For me there was A LOT of lethargy, sleeping every hour outside of work, spending so much time in bed… I wondered if it would ever change… There was a mixture of depression and anxiety, lack of self care.

The journey into soberiety brought in the beginnings of self care and after a looong amount of lethargy, things started to pick up.

Now I’m an insane badass with so much energy, absolutely loving life!! It took work, and still does take work, to not give in to cravings, to recognise the alcoholic voice trying to trick you into believing that one is ok (it isn’t).

Just keep it going, you’ve not got anything to lose because your already know that alcohol brings bad things to you… So keep in this different road and see what’s further down it. One step at a time, into the unknown. You may look back once you’ve got some time under your belt and be so thankful that you pushed through.

1 Like

Yh im spending all day in bed outside of work but its working

I know i wont drink but I hate this sad anxious feeling

1 Like

I got all the weather when I quit. The first two months I was tired and grouchy all the time and was happiest when I was sleeping. So I slept, a lot!
I did have a few pink cloud days that honestly felt quite manic to me. I would get bursts of energy and sing and dance but I often crashed afterward.
Now at 6 months sober all the weather possibilities are back. Most days are good, some are amazing and a very few are bad. My worst day now is nothing compared to the roller coaster of drinking and hangovers I rode for the last 20ish years. Now if I feel good it is the norm, if I feel bad that is the exception. Keep going and keep doing the next right thing until it all evens out. Excellent work on 8 days. :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

1 Like

I think mine has been a mixture of pink and fluffy and dark and grey. Mornings and Night times are the worst as during the day I have distractions even though my mind still drags me away at times! Keep going your doing amazing I’m still early on like you but hopefully soon it passes :slight_smile:

How far in are you? Im totally fine in the evenings n sometimes afternoons but i wake up anxious around 3 4 am

Just over the 7 day hill! My sleeping isn’t the best it’s a few hours at a time awake for a few sleep for a few prob why I feel so rubbish in the mornings!

Same stage as me and I definitely have those issues especially my sleep its horrific

It was definitely a struggle for me I think around then. Days 3 4 ish I was glad to be over the hangover, but after that it was LONG days. I was checking my counter multiple times a day, and going up another day was a great achievement. Keep going, it does get easier. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Don’t give in, you got to push through.

Be wary of the one month mark… This got me a couple of times, it was hard getting past a month… Keep the power going!

2 Likes