Pissed off, partner bought me 5.5% wine instead of AF

Told my partner to get me AF wine…he brings back 5.5% wine and he said sure that’s feck all alcohol, that would be like drinking nothing. He got bottles of beer for himself like and I know deep down he’s raging I’ve quit, he used me as an excuse to drink himself I think and now I’m AF 24 days he’s being drinking on his own and prob getting pissed off I’m not. Sick of him not being supportive.

I didnt give in and didn’t drink it, I will pour it down sink tomorrow morn. He’s gone off to bed now in a mood or something I don’t know he just sulked off half pissed saying nothing.

11 Likes

5.5% ABV wIne is somewhat less than normal, but the average beer is often less than 5%.

Are you sure you want to wait until tomorrow to dump it with 24 days sober? Speaking for myself, I can’t have booze in the house or I’ll drink it. And if it’s not my normal DOC, then I’ll drink it and go buy more of what I like.

Congratulations on 24!! :tada:

8 Likes

Thank you, I just poured it down the sink, and it felt great! You are right whats the point of doing it in the morning! I will tell him in the morn I poured it and maybe then he will take me serious and buy AF from now on.

19 Likes

You did the right thing! You need to take care of yourself 1st and protect your sobriety.

4 Likes

I was gonna say why wait til morning… congratulations on the strength you have to put that shit out. :clap:

4 Likes

Congratulations on 24 days, I’m glad you dumped it now instead of in the morning! That was extremely rude of him to get that for you.!

2 Likes

Great job on dumping it now! :clap:
It is diffult when we domt feel supported at home with our loved ones. Meetings, phone and online support are all great resources. Great job on 24 days! Thats awesome!

1 Like

Co-dependency is a hard road to navigate. Just focus on your sobriety first and foremost. If he is part of your growth great, if he’s not keep growing and don’t get caught in the cycle. I wouldn’t fight about it or anything, you’re sober and that’s that, if he gets all pissy and rude the problem is not you. Use his behavior drinking as your inspiration of what you DON’T want. You will start to notice all the signs of someone who very well might have a problem

5 Likes