Plans drastically changed and I'm cool ( UPDATE )

Great stuff @jazza We’ll get through this lockdown and rebuild again. I seriously considered moving North last year. Still might at some stage.

2 Likes

The older I get the colder Melbourne gets haha

1 Like

So I have spoken to the boss in QLD and I’m getting on a plane today and doing 2 weeks quarantine then being picked up form Cairns by my boss to head to Pormpuraaw and start my very exciting adventure in a remote and beautiful part of the world. Whoo hoooo

4 Likes

Thats great news. Congrats!!

Great news! Happy for you and your new adventure. Safe travels.

1 Like

That’s fantastic news! So excited for you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I enjoyed reading your original post. (And the others, obviously).
It reminds me of something that I find quite hard to articulate - but that is definitely a thing.
It’s that we somehow just have a bit more belief in ourselves when we are sober. That we trust our judgment a bit more. That we are able to face adversity with a bit more courage. Basically, that we can be adults.
I bet you were dreading making those calls, and that you would have avoided them at all costs when you were drinking. I have this unscientific theory that somehow the alcohol penetrates our nervous system and makes us feel a bit more fragile and a bit more fraught, and a bit less able to do difficult, complicated stuff.
Anyway, just thought I’d share.
Tits up also made me laugh. I’m originally from the North West of England and it’s been a while since I’ve heard that.

All on point there. I need to remind myself I’ve been here before, I am always very productive after a relapse and I’m still riding high being sober a week today. The phone calls had me pacing around the house like a mad man especially being on hold to the airline for 35 minutes ( I hung up twice ) It all worked out and talking to my new employer this morning was amazing. Maybe I need to incorporate Tits Up into some sort of tshirt slogan haha
Thanks for your kind words

2 Likes

So glad to hear that everything has worked out for you!! It’s a cool community for sure and helped me through my first weekend of sobriety. I went to a restaurant to have a nice meal on the first Satirdya, and they said me in the bar. At first I thought…oh shit. Then I hopped on the threads and, during my meal, read so many inspiring and cool experiences that I didn’t really think about the alcohol. Also I look around in the bar area and no one else was drinking either, which seemed like a pretty cool sign. Also the t-shirt is a great idea…congrats again!