Plans drastically changed and I'm cool ( UPDATE )

Ok, kind of a story…
SO I was about to fly out of Melbourne in the state of Victoria, southern end of Australia to Queensland up North to then head out on a 4 week prawn trawler between Australia and Indonesia. Then I was to return to Queensland and move to very small town, 183 people to be exact ( an aboriginal settlement town ) to take up a position as a chef and work on a crocodile farm. All things looking great and been planning for weeks. As of yesterday my state of Victoria has been put into 7 days lockdown due to a few covid outbreaks and all border crossings have been shut unless I pay for 2 weeks quarantine accommodation when I land which I don’t want to do. So, I started freaking out and had to call the airline to get a refund, 2 work related calls to tell them the news and hope they understood. Took a few hours and I considered getting a few beers if it went tits up. But instead I kept posting on here while I was organising everything and wow, it really works being here. The job is still waiting for me up North and they were fine I just can’t work on the prawn boat but that’s no biggie.
So yeah, got it all sorted while responding to various chats on here and didn’t crack or get a beer. So a week tomorrow and I guess its all down to this site which I’ve only just joined but have read everything every day.
Legends !!

26 Likes

Great job and congratulations

Hi Jarrad. I live in Melbourne Also.

I can understand your frustration. Its an absolute joke we have gone into our fourth lockdown :grimacing: your new job and big move away sounds exciting. A crocodile farm how cool!

Well now that the VAX have opened for younger people, maybe you will be able to travel after lock down ends if vaccinated etc…

Its so cold here now of a morning and after sunset, the qld weather will be a nice change away from what I think is going to be a very cold winter here !

I ate crocodile once, I remember it was very chewy lol :joy: @jazza

2 Likes

Oh and welcome to TS! I only just noticed you just joined… Its a great little community we have here. Every one on here is amazing and this place had been a HUGE reason I’ve stayed clean. Stick around and read around the threads, there is a lot of wisdom here. And some laughs too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Another local, nice one mate.Haha crocodile pie is nice done well. But yeah this lockdown is crazy, I’m down the Mornington peninsula no where near the hot spots. The Vic government has really botched this whole situation

1 Like

I’m in st kilda… I think the government has done this lockdown as a scare tactic so everyone goes and gets vaccinated. Its all a load of BS I think lol :joy: love mornington. My dad grew up in rosebud… Ive been contemplating relocating down to ocean grove , it would be nice to get out of st kilda and move somewhere calmer lol

Theres only one other local on here a guy named seb @Seb there’s bec who is in qld @Becsta but not many of us Victorians on here :thinking:

2 Likes

The Aussie thread is still around, can’t find it for the link atm though lol

1 Like

I don’t remember seeing. It must be a zombie thread from last year :thinking:

No, I found it :ok_hand:

1 Like

Haha I wonder if this is just an Aussie saying, made me laugh haha.

Welcome Jarrad, awesome to see another Aussie join the TS ranks! Awesome work getting through the stress without picking up, it’s not easy but damn it’s worth it :clap::clap:

1 Like

Cheers @Becsta haha I’m not sure where I got tits up from. Been in my vocabulary since high school.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m guessing it’s aussie slang, was good to read a post that sounded Aussie if you know what I mean.

1 Like

@Becsta it’s a saying we’d say too on the east coast of Canada growing up :joy: I think my grandfather used to say it. (And hey! Great to see you :hugs:)

@jazza well done on not grabbing a drink. One week is fantastic! Keep up the great work. And welcome!

2 Likes

Yeah I get ya. I’m new here but definitely not new to the reasons for being here.

1 Like

Heeeeey beautiful lady, I just couldn’t stay away from you all :heart:
@jazza your job location with the crocodile farm sounds like it’s going to be an amazing experience, is it a dry community?

1 Like

Yes it is a dry community. Its proper crocodile territory :crocodile:

1 Like

Wow what an awesome adventure! I hope we will keep getting updates with some scenic pics while you’re up there.

Absolutely. I’ll be on here a lot. I was only downloading a day counter and found this great community here :blush:

1 Like

Haha that’s how I discovered the forum also. I reckon it’s one of the best accidental discoveries I ever made :joy: anyways, hope you have a great night!

2 Likes