Poem within my diary of sins

I’m in the habit of writing diary. During my phase of addiction, I wrote about my experiences. Today is the weekend and I have nothing to do. Free time is poison for me. So, I was just going through my past diaries, I learned that most of my life was full of false promises and shit, but within this shit, I found a poem that I wrote four years ago. Would like to share it with you all fine people.

In the dark alleys where demons roam, My soul chasing high, trying to find home.

Pain through veins, drowning in the strife, Addiction’s grip tightens, stealing my life.

Like a black hole, it consumes, leaving nothing behind, Empty promises whispered, shattered dreams they find.

From drinks to drugs, the escape I crave, But each time taken, digs a deeper grave.

Haunted by shadows, haunted by fears, Escaping reality, drowning in tears.

My words echo, a battle within, As my demon whispers, “Just one more spin.”

Lost in the matrix, trapped in the game, Searching for sobriety, but drowning in shame.

12 Likes

Thanks for sharing, Jai. It’s bleak and beautiful.

1 Like

Oh my, that is deep and unbelievably dark. What a great reflection of an Addict life.
Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Very vivid. Love your form. Id love to hear a poem from you about sobriety. I bet itd be honest and raw.

2 Likes

False promises, ain’t that the truth!
A great find to remind you what a shit road using is.

3 Likes