Positive for corona virus 😷

I’m with you Kev. Get it get it over and done with.

2 Likes

Can you tell more about your symptoms??
Are you ok now??

I’m a little concerned, the past 3 days I’ve had trouble breathing (tight chest and feeling like I can’t catch my breath) and im really shaky, like I feel like I’m trembling inside for no apparent reason, runny nose and sneezing lots. I rang my go today and has prescribed some antihistamines and an inhaler… which have sort of worked (suspected hayfever (which I’ve never had before at this time of the year))

Here’s the problem, I can’t get through to the 111 service for advice and the online page just says to self isolate if you’re coughing or have a fever, which I don’t. On Thursday, I’m going to my job as a live in carer where I essentially ‘move in’ for 2.5 days, to care for vulanrable adults, some of which have health conditions, one specifically respiratory problems, I’m not sure what to do.
My boss will tell me to check with the doctors but the doctor will tell me to phone 111 for all coronavirus concerns (they just did that when I rang them earlier today) and I can’t get through to 111! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

The NHS choices website is great for general coronavirus information. Your symptoms don’t sound like they totally match… idk. Problem is that even if you don’t have it, most people don’t want to be around someone with a cough at the moment. A test would be useful to put you at ease.

2 Likes

I’m on hold to the 111 service right now.
Worth adding I have really bad anxiety so I’m wondering if all the shaking is due to that? :rofl:
Could be! I need to do what’s safe for our residents mostly.

2 Likes

You know I’m not too worried about me having it, I mean it’d be good to know for certain but I’m worried about those I care for at work more than anything.

4 Likes

Can’t blame you. I would love to get it over and done with too but I work in a pharmacy so can’t afford to get it either because we’re so busy… and don’t wanna be handing out a virus with every prescription lol.

2 Likes

Well I was on hold for 18mins then I got cut off :tired_face:
I think I’m gonna go for a walk and calm the f down. See how I feel tomorrow and if no better I’ll try again.

2 Likes

Today the CDC website is supposed to put up a checklist type thing where you answer all the questions and at the end it will let you know if you should get tested. Maybe check there if you can’t get thru to 111
Edit. Sorry this was meant for @Solanaceae

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear this. Hang in there. Wish you a speedy recovery

1 Like

How frustrating. The CDC has symptoms listed, will post their site.

Can you contact your supervisor to discuss?

1 Like

I read that earlier and have noticed that they have added more symptoms to the list which is worrying as they are similar to how I was feeling.
But after I took the antihistamine and inhaler I feel much better, although still tired and I was in bed by 9pm last night (very early for me)
I think I will ring up just to be sure, better safe than sorry.

2 Likes

Yes, definitely. I know it is hard not to worry and we are all on edge. I say call your supervisor to discuss and see how that goes. I am glad you are feeling better.

2 Likes

Stay strong!

1 Like

Thanks everyone, I’m doing good, I’m at home in self quarantine as I live alone they said I’m not left go outside ,my symptoms started with a fever then I had breathing difficulties but I’m ok and eating better, a doctor is in touch every day and they even brought my food shopping to me,I was nervous at the start but not any more, don’t worry guys I’ve had worse illnesses but I can imagine it’s very bad in some ill or old people so stay safe guys​:blush:Darren 1- virus 0 :muscle:

31 Likes

Glad to hear your update. Hydrate and rest.

1 Like

Nice one bud! :facepunch:

1 Like

Good to hear you are doing good! Keep us updated!

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. Feel better!

1 Like

What is the treatment?

1 Like

They gave me paracetomal and told me to drink lots of fluid ,I got an inhaler aswell for my chest to open airways