Positive for corona virus 😷

How long did it take from first symptoms to feeling like you were on the mend? I’ve been ill for 7 days and chest feels horrible - using inhaler more than when I was at primary school. Am assuming you’re in uk cos of 111 - they just told me I can’t be tested unless admitted

2 Likes

So are you now immune to it?

1 Like

I was just reading about this. They are not sure if you will have immunity after or for how long. With most coronaviruses you have immunity for a bit of time, but you can get it again. With this, they simply do not have enough data/info to know yet.

5 Likes

Congrats! So happy u r well again!

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

This doctor is amazing,.he has an instute in Seattle near evergreen hospital and in Switzerland,.very informative video on covid 19…:v::v:

1 Like

My prayers are with you. Take of your self!! :pray::heart:

1 Like

I’m doing good today much better and started to go back exercising again, they said I shouldn’t worry about picking up the virus in the distanced future but when I vaccine arrives in maybe a year to 18 months that I should look to get it if possible

9 Likes

People can get it more than once. I have a friend from high school that had it twice, quarantined with her husband and he never got it.

I’m not an expert so take this with a grain of salt but there are some early studies relating to the terpenes found in Nigella sativa (black seed oil) aiding in lysosomic uptake of Zinc (which plays a big part in a number of immune system functions). I’m also reading it can possibly lessen the effects (or even chance) of developing secondary bronchitis or pneumonia when you start to show symptoms due to Covid.

There is also a deep breathing technique that may be helpful (from a Dr. at Queens hospital in UK)

If you aren’t on a treatment plan with medication this may be worth bringing up to your doctor for their opinion while you self quarantine. This isn’t medical advice so please don’t treat it as such. Wishing good health to all you guys.

2 Likes

Wats it like compared to flu?hope u ok