Positive or not?

Hi lovely people, I hope this is okay to post, I could really do with your advice.

I posted a while back about having a drunken one night stand. I’ve taken a pregnancy test and I can’t tell if it’s a faint line or if I’ve been looking at it so long that my eyes have gone mad.

Can anyone else see the line?? Positive or negative??
I’m driving myself insane :persevere: I’ve got no family to ask for advice and I’m panicking.

1 Like

How long has it been? Are you late? How long has the test been sitting since you used it? Bc after a while it’s no longer accurate. I do see something but it could just be where the line is supposed to be. I’ve done this with every covid test I’ve taken. If you’re really that concerned, a doctor can test you. It’s the first thing they do anyways if you call to say you’ve had a positive test, just to be sure.

2 Likes

2 weeks after the fact, so it’s very early.
Done within the time limit, photo taken immediately after processing. I thought I had a period but it was ridiculously light, so now I’m worried it was spotting instead :frowning:

Hmm. That is pretty early for results to show. There are tests specifically for that but if you want to know for sure, I’d make an appointment.

1 Like

I can see something very faint…do you have any more tests?xx

1 Like

No, I got it from my support worker. She wants to retest next week as it’s still very early.
I’m hoping it’s faulty or I’ve messed up when testing x

1 Like

This is one of the clinical ‘early’ tests so I’m not sure.
Going to retest next week.

1 Like

Try not to panick Indi, do the other test next week and then go from there…keep concentrating on getting yourself better ok xx

5 Likes

If it is positive, it will only get darker with time. I’ve been pregnant 3 times (lost 2), and had many scares in between. I know what you’re going thru. Like @Starlight14 said, concentrate on taking care of yourself for now and try not to stress about it. Whatever’s meant to be will be.

5 Likes

The line is typically fainter the earlier you test. When I was trying to get pregnant, I could see a very faint line at 3 weeks, and it was accurate. Stop stressing and make an appointment with your doctor like everyone is saying asap! hugs

4 Likes

I’m so sorry for your losses x

2 Likes

Can I ask if that was 3 weeks after conception or missing your period?
Mine are so irregular, I have no idea when the right time is to test.

1 Like

Thank you, but I’m fine. I never really thought about wanting kids. I was 22 the first time. Drinking and smoking every day. I didn’t want it and God knew what was best. The 2nd one(26) is what made me start taking better care of myself. I thought I must be unhealthy if I can’t support a life. Had it not happened, I might never have had my daughter. It all happened the way it was meant to.

I wish you the best, whatever happens :pray: You’ll be alright :heart:

5 Likes

After conception.

2 Likes

Thank you for this. Hopefully I’ll know for definite by next week.

4 Likes

You’ll be in my thoughts for sure! Hope everything goes well :pray: :two_hearts:

1 Like

As the wise people here said: try not to worry (yes, it’s easier said than done, but at leas try). I am one of those who would start freaking out and never stop, so it’s kind of hypocritical to try and calm you down. But do try. Whatever it is, you’ll sort it out.
As for the line, I think I can see something, BUT I remember the ovulation tests I did while trying to get pregnant and the faint line actually reminds me of those lines I saw when I didn’t ovulate. It was more of a mark or something.
My experience, which of course doesn’t have to mean anything: I found out I was pregnant early on, a day after I missed my period. And the line was definitely faint, but absolutely not as faint as this one. It was very light pink, but there was no doubt.

1 Like